How good is your 3D vision

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Nice link to see if you are getting the full 3D effect. http://www.vision3d.com/whycant.html

In the hop game my hop is very biased to one side. I completely fail the framing game, at no time can I see double. The 3D art gallery I can see no hidden images in the stereograms. I wear glasses and had eye surgery on both eyes as a child before the invention of laser eye-surgery. Probably why I could never hit a ball and wait for the green man when crossing the road, rubbish at judging speed. I still see 3D effects on 3D films but they often look exaggerated pop up book like to me and I usually see ghosting double images several times during a movie. On the plus side it may be why I find my dlp projector in a dedicated home cinema bat cave so impressive, my brain relies heavily on monocular depth cues.

Another link http://www.in-three.com/3DintheHomev2.html detailing why comfortable long term viewing distance is more limited with 3D material.

A

Anonymous

my '3d' vision is awful. my left eye-ball is covered in scratches (due to being kicked in the face as a kid) and so all i can see out of it is blurred colours; no fine detail at all. glasses don't help.

i'm really hoping this 3d thing doesn't take off otherwise in a few years it'll be pointless trying to watch tv.

A

Anonymous

Im in a similar boat. I dont have a lens in my right eye so it's all blurry and I cant see 3D at all.

I honestly dont think they will ever do away with 2d anyway.

A

Anonymous

did not see 2 thumbs in the 1st test ....(unless I did not do the test correctly) ... 2nd test was fine

have seen movies in 3D with no probs and went a few times to the Imax theatres with the kids ...

A

Anonymous

Interesting links/tests, it confirmed (as I know) I have a dominent eye so 3D is no go for me!

3D will have a limited take up when the these issues are fully undestood, I may update my equipment, but it wont be based on 3D alone!

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Nothing wrong with my eye sight, but having upgraded everything from 2008/9, it will be a few years before i start to think about upgrading again, who knows where 3D will be there then.

A

Anonymous

I didn't even understand the test instructions, but from rifle shooting I know I am extremely left eye dominant (a major pain given I'm a right handed shooter). So I guess I'll be sticking to good old 2D-TV anyways.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts