3D Blu-Ray, How is this helping?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just saw a double pack of MegaMind blu-ray and DVD in the local supermarket. Had a quick look at it as my wife really enjoyed the movie in the cinema. As usual thought to myself I wont buy it a I can probably get it cheaper on line.

Half round round said supermarket I suddenly thought, wasn't that movie 3D in the cinema?

Went back to investigate and no sign of the Blu-ray/DVD being 3D. I thought there must be a 3D verion available so I will search the internet.

Turns out (in the US at least) the 3D version is exclusively included with a Samung 3D starter pack, including some glases etc.

Now I dont even have a 3D tv or blu-ray but wanted this in 3D for when I do upgrade sometime in the next 12 months. I was planning on a Sony TV and player so I dont want the Samsung glasses.

Therefore do I buy the film in 2D and then again in 3D? I dont think so. So now I either upet the wife by making her wait to watch it again, or I buy it twice, albeit once now and then again in a very long time when the excluive deal runs out.

It has definately just added to me not wanting to a 3D TV until they stop all this sort of nonsense.

Why when there are so few good 3D movies out there do companies hurt the platform by doing these annoying exclusive deals?

I may have bought a 3D TV already if it werent for waiting for the Panasonic/Avatar deal to end!!!

A

Anonymous

Your bang on, this does not help at all, having already owned all the kit required ( Inc. A Samsung TV), when I found out that this would tied up in a deal I was a little miffed. Just like you my family loved this and I thought this would be a great addition to my new collection. Now I'm going to have to wait until the deal has finished because I will not buy it twice.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Providing it's region free, couldn't you just pick up the US version online?

Sorry, not a fan of 3D but just thought I would ask!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts