How do you pronounce Plinius

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Maybe a daft question but how do you pronounce Plinius? Is it Ply-nee-us Plin-i-os or what?

As an aside I just got a Plinius Hiato at a bargain price - haven't fired it up at home yet but will tonight. I was telling a friend and then thought am I actually pronouncing this right.

Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Sospri said:
Would that be radiogrammar

old_lady_470x365.jpg

zekezebra said:
Maybe a daft question but how do you pronounce Plinius? Is it Ply-nee-us Plin-i-os or what? As an aside I just got a Plinius Hiato at a bargain price - haven't fired it up at home yet but will tonight. I was telling a friend and then thought am I actually pronouncing this right. Thanks

Hi zekezebra

Nice one :)

Btw, Plin e us.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Front end will be my existing Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD (not the lite model), amlifier is Plinius Hiato and speakers will be GamuT L7 which I have also just aquired.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
zekezebra said:
Front end will be my existing Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD (not the lite model), amlifier is Plinius Hiato and speakers will be GamuT L7 which I have also just aquired.

That kit should sound very musical....great to see GamuT making an appearance.

Looking forward to any insights you may have to share when its all set up.

:beer: :beer:

Cno

KiwiMoto

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Plin ee aas. That's how we roll down here in sheep central- AKA New Zealand.Roll the tongue that is :p BTW,check out Gary Morrisons new venture 'Pure Audio'. (Gary was the main man at Plinius back when they were on fire,back in the '90's). They have just released some very unique looking pure class A 65 watt mono blocks!

A

Anonymous

Well, got it all wired up and it's a big wow!! Really took a chance on the Hiato and the GamuT L7's as I didn't get a chance to hear them together.

This set up really rocks, problem is that I am tending to play it louder than usual (no complaints from neighbours so far). The system is very music independant, that is it seems good on all types of music. The Esoteric MG 20's I had before were great on simple music but never really rocked.

I do get a slight hum when I select phono (I don't have a TT but it came with the phono option fitted) but this decreases if I set the dip switchs to minimum.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts