How do you back up your sky + harddrive recorded progs?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I and i expect many others are keen to know how to back up the sky hard disk.

The hard way is to record to dvd , is there an easy way vis usb on another external hard drive?

If anyone knows please tell.

A

Anonymous

On this basis I have a Sony HDX 955 DVD Recorder. At the moment i am having all sorts of problems using the Guide Plus system to download the SKY + EPG . I have followed a proceedure on Sony's support wegbsite without sucess. Does anyone know the correct Host channel number to set up manual download of EPG Infomation?

Or if anyone can confirm the proceedure to set this up id be very grateful .
emotion-1.gif

Thanks

Sc00bied00

Sep 3, 2007
Visit site
Take it you have left the Sony in standby over night for the epg to download?

I know when i used my RDR970 it took almost a full 24hrs for the epg to download properly, some where about 4 /5 am it happened, secondly are you selecting the correct source - e.g scart input if connecting to the sky box via this method to receive epg info. I was using an ariel at the time, but source need to correct. There are some boxes that are not compatable, also have a look here it may help. The manual usually covers what you need to do, although a bit confusing at times.

Alternatively try contacting sky customer services to see if they can help. cheers - sc00bie

A

Anonymous

Thanks so much for that , it was very helpful. I have spoken to Sony technical support , who were very helpful. On the set up proceedure i specified the RF Antenna as the connection. I Think this is where i have gone wrong. The Sky+ box is also connected via a scart lead. Ill re-set it again specifying that as my connection. I selected channel 410 (Eurosport.uk ) as my host channel number, is this the right one ?

Once again , thanks for your advice :)

A

Anonymous

Finally got EPG downloaded , everything worked fine for approx 4 weeks , then it stopped for no apparent reason , nothng has downloaded since
emotion-9.gif
, Am seriously thinking of getting rid of sony recorder and trying a Panasonic instead !. it was a present for my sister so am well upset !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts