How do I post a photo from my iPad in my post?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
It seems I can’t post photos/screenshots from my iPad due to them having an incorrect extension…

“The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.”

I posted this in ‘Ask the community’. Please move to an appropriate section of the forum if necessary..

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 196519

I don’t know where (or how) that is done. Everywhere else you just click on attach then select photo library, choose the photo and use.
Hi Chebby, you do the post and take the picture at the same time. Or you can take a picture on your iPad and then re-take that picture on your iPad and then post.

nads

I think you need to convert to jpeg
hope I'm right
nope
Ae6rIXf.png

Paul.

@chebby try navigating to camera/formats in your iPads settings and change it from high efficiency to most compatible. Won’t fix your old photos but may sort new ones. Apple use heif compression as standard and I think this site doesn’t like it.

D

Deleted member 196519

What does that mean gel?
If I've got a picture on an Android phone, how would I (easily) post it on here?
Keep it simple if you can, I've only just got my first smartphone (and if I don't start using it more, I've wasted 80 quid :LOL:)
You take the picture live and post it. So you do write your post then take the picture and then post it. You get me? Or you can take the picture whenever your like and then press and hold the home button on an iPad for example and turn it off at the same time and your iPad automatically takes a picture of whatever is on the screen preferably your photo you wish to post on here, then you select that photo and post it and it will then post.

D

Deleted member 196519

My room in the dark live right now:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 1
D

Deleted member 196519

Picture of picture:

Attachments

• 4B7FE10E-0D77-4A8F-82FA-F5756223DACD.png
    4B7FE10E-0D77-4A8F-82FA-F5756223DACD.png
    180 KB · Views: 3

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Anyway, thanks for trying to help. Obviously this is a technical thing that only someone with access to the code can change. I now dimly remember having to host a photo on flickr to get a URL back in the old days.

Gray

You take the picture live and post it. So you do write your post then take the picture and then post it. You get me? Or you can take the picture whenever your like and then press and hold the home button on an iPad for example and turn it off at the same time and your iPad automatically takes a picture of whatever is on the screen preferably your photo you wish to post on here, then you select that photo and post it and it will then post.
Thanks for that gel.
I'll bear that in mind :confused_old:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts