How do i connect tv to wireless network ? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just bought the panasonic 50"V10 but can't connect it to network. Tried just plugging blue cable from pc into back of tv and didn't work. Pc is near tv but Virgin netgear wireless router in front of the house. Any idea if Wireless Ethernet bridge will work or Belkin 802.11g Wireless G Gaming Adapter will work as alot cheaper than the bridge

regards

Tony_R

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
mike0619:
I have just bought the panasonic 50"V10 but can't connect it to network. Tried just plugging blue cable from pc into back of tv and didn't work. Pc is near tv but Virgin netgear wireless router in front of the house. Any idea if Wireless Ethernet bridge will work or Belkin 802.11g Wireless G Gaming Adapter will work as alot cheaper than the bridge

regards

Is the PC connected wirelessly to the router? Or is it connected via ethernet cable?

If the PC is connected via etehrnet cable to the router, and it's close enough to the TV, you could get a small network switch, which you can then plug all three devices (TV, PC and wireless router) into.

Attempting to connect the TV wirelessly may result in difficulty, such as not being able to enter the wireless encryption key etc.

If the PC is connected wirelessly, you could possibly configure that as a bridge / router to allow the TV access to the internet - however you will need some detailed PC knowledge to do that.

Tony.

visionary

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
mike0619:
Tried just plugging blue cable from pc into back of tv and didn't work.
If I've understood you correctly you have a network cable straight from your PC to the TV. This won't work, you will need to connect the TV to the router with the cable. I've done this using the "mains networking", e.g. homeplug, to save running network cable all across the house.

A

Anonymous

Homeplug is a good solution here. You *could* bridge the connection through your pc, but you would need your pc on whenever you wanted to use the internet features on the tv.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts