Onkyo TX-NR609 with UWE-1 Wireless Adapter cannot connect to DLNA Server

bobdupuy

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I have a new Onkyo TX-NR609 with UWE-1 Wireless Adapter. My router has one computer directly addtached with an Ethernet Cable and another laptop that connects wirrelessly. The UWE-1 can only see the wireless laptop, but I want the PC to be the DLNA Server. Am I going to be able to use the wired PC as a DLNA Server in this situation?

Also even though the UWE-1 can see the laptop, I get a message that authentication failed when I try to connect. Both of my computers are Windows 7 and they belong to same homegroup and the same workgroup. I don't see any way to enter a homegroup password for the Onkyo setup. What am I missing?

bobdupuy

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I set it up just like in the video. The only password is the Security key. This is fine as far as connection to the Internet through the router, and I have complete access to all of the Internet sources on the Onkyo NET scfreen with the UWE-1, but it is not enough to satisfy Windows 7 security, if you are trying to access a Windows 7 compuputer as a DLNA server. The DLNA icon on the Onkyo NET screen is supposed to give you access to the meda files (audio only?) stored on your computer. When I got the message that authenticacion had failed, I just assumed that Windows had some requirement that I had not met. It may be that I have not opened up Windows security engouth to allow access without a hmegroup password, but I have no idea what that might be.

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
You need to tell the PC to allow incoming requests.

Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center -> Advanced sharing settings

- Make sure Network Discovery is on.

- Under media streaming, click on choose media streaming options

Change show devices on to All Networks and click Allow All. If a popup appears select Allow all computer and media devices

Click OK, exit

bobdupuy

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Beautiful! That was the ticket. I had opened up all of these settings on the PC connected to the router with Ethernet, but still the Onkyo could not see the PC. I had not done this on the wireless notebook setup which the Onkyo could see, but had failed authentication, but now I can see all of the audio files on the notebook. I guess there is no way that a wireless UWE-1 is going to see a wired PC connected to the same router. I have an Ethernet connection which is being used by the Blu-Ray. I have Ethernet jacks on the back of the Onkyo, the Blu-Ray, DirecTV receiver and the TV. I guess I could buy a 5-port switch and hook up everything through it. Then the Onkyo could see both computers, one through the UWE-1 and the other through the Ethernet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts