How come Pioneer amps have stopped coming in the UK?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

manicm

Most likely Onkyo is re-assessing their brand priorities in EU/UK. When was the last time anyone mentioned, let alone bought a Pioneer AV amp?

Onkyo brand itself is probably falling prey to the Sound United juggernaut too.

D

Deleted member 2457

Most likely Onkyo is re-assessing their brand priorities in EU/UK. When was the last time anyone mentioned, let alone bought a Pioneer AV amp?

Onkyo brand itself is probably falling prey to the Sound United juggernaut too.
I bought the Pioneer sc-lx901 amp at Richer Sounds but it was open boxed for £625 a couple of months back and it is a brilliant amp. I know what you mean though the last time someone bought a brand new flagship model on this forum we are going back to real made Pioneer‘s only and that was the sc-lx58/59 and the 88/89. WHF last review of a Pioneer was the Pioneer sc-lx701 amp which didn’t review at Pioneer‘s brilliant best it got a 4 star review and since then no more reviews.

D

Deleted member 116933

Is this the end for them now? Does anyone know anything? Can you see stock for the Pioneer Sc-lx704/904 which are the latest amps? Thanks

I hope not, they've had some classic designs over the years but the trend is toward sound systems such as sonos where everything is plug and play

at least in the "budget" sector

Its a bit like mobile killing off the compact digital camera.

D

Deleted member 2457

The new ones sound perfect for you Gel with your 8k tv!
Has there been any SC-LX models announced yet or is it just the VSX range so far?
Have you tried setting up Dirac Live? Because I have and it’s a nightmare!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts