HOW CAN I MAKE MY THEATRE ROOM MEANER/BETTER......

stpierre76

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
CAN YOU GUYS POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION AS TO HOW TO IMPROVE MY HOME THEATRE ROOM. I WAS GOING TO HAVE A CEDIA INSTALLER TO DO ALL THE DESIGN AND ME THE WORK AS BEING AN ELECTRICIAN M PRETTY MUCH CAPABLE OF DOING IT ALL, BUT THE NEW HOUSE AS COST ME MUCH MORE THAN ANTICIPATED AND FORCE TO ABANDON THIS PLAN...
MY ROOM IS 3900MM WIDE BY 6900 LONG WITH 2400MM CEILINGS.FLOOR ARE CARPET AND YET TO DECIDE WHERE TO SIT OR BOUGHT SOME SEATINGS.I HAVE A 106 INCH SCREEN, PANASONIC PT7000AE PROJECTOR, FOCAL CHORUS 826V AS FRONT AND MATCHING CENTRE AND SURROUND PLUS THE IC 706 IN CEILING REARS.THE SUBS IS SINFIRE HRS12 IN THE FRONT CORNER ALL THE FRONT ARE SOFFIT INSTALLED(if that s the right word, front of speaker flush with wall and the back are protubating in the walking wrobewith the rest of the av gear)AS I WANT TO MAXIMISE THE OVERALL SPACE.
M SURE THERE SOMETHING I CAN DO OTHER THAN RUN AUDEYSSEY XT32 TO IMPROVE SOUND, BUT WHERE SHOULD I START.
ANY ADVICE IS WELCOMED AND TRULLY APPRECIATED
SINCERELY YOURS
JOHN

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi John, Firstly - I absolutely love this idea! I have no clue what it does to acoustics but looks wise, I think it is awesome.

If there is no professional help at hand, then I would say getting a XT32 capable system for a home demo along with some damping material and run the tests with experimenting with the damping material as a start up. Some of them are capable of handing XT Pro if you have the patience / inclination. XTZ has some room analysis stuff as well, which deemed to be very accurate. May be worth a look?!

BTW, do you have some pcitures of your set up / SOFFIT installation ? :)

stpierre76

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
HI wishtree,
thanks for the reply.i have not yet taken any pics of the room and will do so once fully finished.but what i did was measure everything and told the builder exactly where i wanted the studs, then cut out the gyprock to fit the speakers with only a few mill clearance, then i filled the rest of the cavity with expanding foam, let it dry, cut off excess in order to fit the speakers, slide speakers in and siliconed all around as not to have any gap between wall and speakers...if it does not work well, m screwed and will have to rip the walls of and re plaster.not too worried about that as being an electrician, i am used to cuting and patching gyprock :)
like i said m not sure this classes as soffit mounting or installed. i desperatly wanted a clean look theatre with out having to go in wall/ceiling and not have to spend big dollars getting an accoustically transparent screen, so i did the second best, well hopefully i have not wasted my speakers performance....m i mad to do so???probably. :wall:
m pretty happy with those speaker which i have had for the last 3 years and felt that if i sold them i d loose too much so i thought i d put them in the theatre room.
for the family room, i have order 3 BG radia ic 201 and 4 in ceiling speakers for surround duties, which is more for everyda tv watching, a bit of movies when kids are in the theatre and music. m yet decided on sub, but it will need to be able to be concealed in a wall niche/cove...

TRENDING THREADS