Question How do I make my wired 5.1 system wireless?

shirazmasood

Apr 30, 2020
Visit site
Hi there. This is my first post so please be gentle!

I have a fairly basic surround sound system - a Denon AV receiver and some wired (I believe passive) Yamaha speakers and a powered sub. The speakers are all connected using speaker cable to terminals, rather than any kind of plugs.

I am trying to find a solution whereby I can send the audio output wirelessly from my receiver to the R and L speakers at the front and rear of my living room. From some research, I see I’ll likely need a transmitter from the sub and then an active, powered receiver on each speaker.

I can’t seem to find (on eBay, Amazon, or Richer Sounds!) any set that will do the trick. Search results mostly come up with £5 Bluetooth transmitters that I suspect won’t do the job!

any guidance would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

D

Deleted member 116933

Hi there. This is my first post so please be gentle!

I have a fairly basic surround sound system - a Denon AV receiver and some wired (I believe passive) Yamaha speakers and a powered sub. The speakers are all connected using speaker cable to terminals, rather than any kind of plugs.

I am trying to find a solution whereby I can send the audio output wirelessly from my receiver to the R and L speakers at the front and rear of my living room. From some research, I see I’ll likely need a transmitter from the sub and then an active, powered receiver on each speaker.

I can’t seem to find (on eBay, Amazon, or Richer Sounds!) any set that will do the trick. Search results mostly come up with £5 Bluetooth transmitters that I suspect won’t do the job!

any guidance would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Welcome! Simple answer is you can’t. You speakers would need to be active ie need power.

You would need a new system. Something like a Sonos play bar and little play speaker which speak to one another without wires. But still need power so mains plugs would need to be some where

hope that helps

shirazmasood

Apr 30, 2020
Visit site
Welcome! Simple answer is you can’t. You speakers would need to be active ie need power.

You would need a new system. Something like a Sonos play bar and little play speaker which speak to one another without wires. But still need power so mains plugs would need to be some where

hope that helps
Thanks so much for replying. Are there no receivers with built in amps or something that can power the speakers too?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts