Hoppers new set up.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
hopper1 said:
Can't get photo to show!... |(

Flickr has become a total pain lately, even with the "help" of their FAQs I can no longer work out how to get the appropriate HTML code to embed photos. I'll keep investigating and if I get anywhere I'll let you know.

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
12135782116_830a037875_b_zpse9tsh5et.jpg
12135782116_830a037875_b_zpse9tsh5et.jpg
[/URL][/img]"

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Flickr? Its this poxy forum design thats at fault. Other places you just put the image code in your post and its done.

By the way. You'll get more bass if the sub faces away.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
a91gti said:
Flickr? Its this poxy forum design thats at fault. Other places you just put the image code in your post and its done.

That's all you do here but filckr now makes it difficult to find the right code, you need a link ending in .jpg, nothing else will work.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
hopper1 said:
Ok, so I have moved the speakers in and the paintings up n out.

Would you be very annoyed if I said I thought the front speakers were now too close? >) Does depend on how far away you're sitting but I think another 6 inches further out on each speaker would be better.

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Very different actually.

On this layout you have to bring up a box and enter the url.

On others you just put the img code in your post.

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
To clarify my earlier point about the sub. If the driver is facing away from you the bass will be better.

Try turning your main speakers around and you'll see what I mean.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Without wishing to argue - maybe others will confirm or otherwise but I recon a sub should face the audience (normally)?? My MS sub haa 2 drivers so not only is one facing the audience but also one faces forwards towards a wall. Not sure how I would place this one if it was at the front rather than side. I guess the 'best' answer is trial and error but surely most subs are designed to work in one way or another.Just never seen a 'facing the wall' suggestion before. Are the electronics not at the back too making things look untidy?

PS. Making bass 'better' may be boomy and muddy rather than 'better'?

hopper1

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Cheers guys, for all your input, much appreciated.

I agree, it is the forum that's a a pain to attach photo's to...

Turning the sub away, would point it into another room, so nothing to bounce off.

Sound is better closer, but still playing with the distance from walls ;)

No rug yet!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts