HOME THEATRE FUNITURE

bullitt

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Im looking for a plynth style piece of furniture but cannot find a conpany that has what im looking for could anyone recommend a reputable company thanks!

bullitt

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
[quote user="Andy Clough"]Racks and Stands have a great selction online, so worth a look. [/quote]

But unfortunately only if you're in the USA.

When you say 'plinth-style', what exactly do you mean? What's it got to house, and what shape do you want it to be?
[/quote]Well at the moment i have 42 thpx60 which i will upgrade to 42pz70 ,and i have a sony dav-s800 which im gonna upgrade to kef3005se with an onkyo 605 , and i have a ps3 and sky box first of all does this setup seem ok? i have just seen in the mag the new panasonicdmp-bd30 which looks tempting as this produces hd audio and my ps3 does not apparently btw is the ps3 suitable with onkyo 605? and how will i hook it up what format of audio will it be? at the moment i have my tv on the wall with an a2000 system but theres too many wires to house , im now thinking of furniture such as ateca bordeaux rack or ive seen some cool stuff on stand and deliver.com i.e alphason stand ! or make a false chimney breast to go above fire place , i know this is long winded reply but value your opinion ,thanks. btw forget the plinth idea .

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Just in case you've missed the news story and all the posts on the forum, the PS3 now supports all the major HD audio codecs by decoding them onboard to Linear PCM and sending them out via HDMI. In this case, the Onkyo 605 will work perfectly with this and will play all the HD sound formats the PS3 throws at it. In my opinion therefore, I don't think it's worth paying the extra £300 - £350 for the Panasonic when you already have the PS3.

It's also worth knowing now though, the Onkyo will not display the HD decoded format on its little screen when it plays the new HD formats. This is because the PS3 is decoding the signal, not the amp, so the amp doesn't know what it is, it will just show as LPCM (or Multichannel PCM or some such). Rest sure in the knowledge though, you are getting the best sound possible from this combo.

bullitt

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="professorhat"]
Just in case you've missed the news story and all the posts on the forum, the PS3 now supports all the major HD audio codecs by decoding them onboard to Linear PCM and sending them out via HDMI. In this case, the Onkyo 605 will work perfectly with this and will play all the HD sound formats the PS3 throws at it. In my opinion therefore, I don't think it's worth paying the extra £300 - £350 for the Panasonic when you already have the PS3.

It's also worth knowing now though, the Onkyo will not display the HD decoded format on its little screen when it plays the new HD formats. This is because the PS3 is decoding the signal, not the amp, so the amp doesn't know what it is, it will just show as LPCM (or Multichannel PCM or some such). Rest sure in the knowledge though, you are getting the best sound possible from this combo.
[/quote]Ok thats cool,to tell you the truth i dont understand all the codecs and now you mention it i remember something about the ps3 firmware update, its hard to keep up,i will stick to the ps3 for now ,but that panasonic got good reviews in this mays edition plus it was mentioned in the test section that the ps3 will not output hd audio ! i suppose thats where the onkyo comes in then?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
No, the review went out before the announcement, hence the comments. Though reading the review again the other day, it did make it out that the PS3 couldn't output any HD formats before the last firmware update which wasn't really true - it just couldn't do DTS HD MA. Now it can do this as well as all the others. The Onkyo comes in by accepting the LPCM signal via the HDMI cable, that's all - it doesn't do any decoding.

bullitt

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Hello again professorhat, do think i would be best to get the onkyo 606 instead of 605 seeing as its the same price, why would the 606 be the same price ? Has it got less functions? will the 605 now come down further in price?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="bullitt"]do think i would be best to get the onkyo 606 instead of 605 seeing as its the same price[/quote]

Who knows? No-one outside Onkyo's heard it yet

[quote user="bullitt"]why would the 606 be the same price ?[/quote]

It's a very competitive market.

[quote user="bullitt"]Has it got
less functions? [/quote]

No, more.

[quote user="bullitt"]will the 605 now come down further in price?[/quote]

Yes, if the 606 is at least as good, and until the remaining stocks are exhausted. If the 606 is a dog, then the 605 might go back up again.

bullitt

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Think i'm going to wait for your review on the 606 , although im itching to get some new gear now ,im off to see a demo this weekend hopefully onkyo and kef3005se , thanks for reply andy

A

Anonymous

atacama equinox avi tl [the tl means upto 43"] its been in whf think its on atand and deliver aswell comes in either silver or black ,and you can also order the colour of the glass too personally i like the black stand with the piano black glass it has a mount for the tv witch can swivel up to 80 degreees[i think]

bullitt

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="darkside82"]atacama equinox avi tl [the tl means upto 43"] its been in whf think its on atand and deliver aswell comes in either silver or black ,and you can also order the colour of the glass too personally i like the black stand with the piano black glass it has a mount for the tv witch can swivel up to 80 degreees[i think][/quote]looks nice but ive just read the reviews and there seems to be an issue with cable management.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts