JVC HD1 Projector

Yamaha RXV 2500 AV Amp

Sony BDP550 BR Player

Denon 3930 DVD

Kef Q7 Fronts

Kef Q9C Center

Kef Q Rears and Surrounds

Paradigm PS1000 Sub

Ive just submitted my plans for my new HT room that is to be built over my garage, this explains the size of 9m long x 2.5m wide.

The sitting position will be 4m away from the screen.

My question relates to speaker position, fronts and centre no problems, surrounds on either side of the sitting position, my problem is the rears, do I position them on the back wall which will be another 5m away or do I bring them forward into the room.

My thoughts were to postion the rears on the walls 2m back from the sitting position angled inwards towards the seats.

Also my current screen is 2m wide which will take up most of the wall width which means my Q7s will be in the corners, would I be better with a smaller screen so I can pull the speakers out of the corners a bit.

Regards

John

With the seating located away from the rear wall, the surround left & right speakers should be placed on the side walls parallel to the seating, with the rear-surround speakers positioned on the back wall.

http://www.technosound.co.uk/nav.php?pageid=hcg_SettingUp

The Q7 speakers should be placed at equal distances from your display, each unit ideally no more than 1.5m away. But, on the other hand, bigger the screen, better your movie experience will be.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Go for the bigger screen - you'll only regret it later!

As for the Q7's, they'll be ok in the corners, just toe them in so the reflection from the side walls is minimised. If it becomes a problem you could always hang a couple of thin mats or something to calm it down. A little bit of reflection is good.

Put the rears on the back walls. They may have to work a little harder when they are joining in, but the closer they are to you, the more you'll detect where they are.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts