Nov 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I'm thinking of purchasing the Sony STR-DH800 with the TANNOY SFX 5.1 SPEAKER
SYSTEM from Superfi. I'm new to this home cinema stuff so I wanted to
check what cables I need. I will be connecting the amp to my Panasonic
BD60 Bluray, and Samsung B650.

How many HDMI cables do I need?

I have Virgin SD Box will I still connect this directly to the TV or does the Scart go to Sony Amp?

Will I be able to connect the Sony amp to my NAD C315Bee (for the radio) and if so is this by RCA cables?

I'm not sure what the digital/optical connectors are for / instead of?

If I add Popcorn A110 what extra cables would I need?

Any help appreciated,

Mark

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
mcc28x:How many HDMI cables do I need?

You need two, one from the Blu-Ray player into the amp, the other from the amp into the TV.

mcc28x:I have Virgin SD Box will I still connect this directly to the TV or does the Scart go to Sony Amp?

Scart straight into the TV.

mcc28x:Will I be able to connect the Sony amp to my NAD C315Bee (for the radio) and if so is this by RCA cables?

Unless I'm missing something, the NAD doesn't have a tuner included - do you mean you already have a tuner and this is currently plugged into the NAD? If so, the Sony doesn't have pre-outs so you can't connect your NAD into it in that configuration. In which case, you either need to unplug the tuner from the NAD and hook it direct into the Sony or have a separate system for the radio. Your other option is to look at a home cinema receiver which does include front pre-outs.

mcc28x:If I add Popcorn A110 what extra cables would I need?

Looking at the specs, I'd assume only one other HDMI cable into the Sony, but would be good to confirm it also streams audio over this connection. Worse case scenario if it didn't is an optical cable would also be needed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts