High Quality RCA to 2 x RCA cables - do they exist?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Morning

I am enjoying a hi-fi revelation at the minute - I've recently purchased an Audiolab 8000x7 power amp, imported an Outlaw processor, and upgraded my front speakers to Proac Response 1.5's.

The improvements in sound quality from my previous set up are amazing but the only way I can currently bi-amp my front speakers is by using budget rca splitter leads costing about £5 each.

As far as I can tell there is no facility to re-assign the surround back channel outputs from the processor, or to get the amp driving 2 outputs from a single RCA input.

Therefore, my only solution appears to be using RCA splitters, or trying to find a reputable cable which is available in 1xRCA male to 2xRCA male.

Is anyone aware of these cables? I've had a quick search on google but can't find anything. And if not available off the shelf, will someone like custom cable be able to make them for me?

What would you recommendation be for actual cable to use - I will probably purchase the other 3 cables I need at the same time (for centre and rears) and have them all of the same cable, terminations etc.

Any help gratefully received

Thanks

Steve

A

Anonymous

Morning Andrew

Thanks for your reply. I've looked at things like this but bearing in mind I was using £100 interconnects (which just at the minute the name of which escape me - one of the sonic link range) previously, and knowing about the importance of terminations etc, just wondered what impact this would have on SQ, and therefore would having a cable built from scratch with proper terminations on be better?

As an aside, I was supposed to be getting the 8000 AV to match the X7, but got let down - but after reading a few online reviews, I've imported an Outlaw 950 processor - only got it set up last night but even using said budget RCA leads, the SQ is so much better than trying my proacs with an arcam alpha 10 and an avr300.

Wish I'd done this years ago!! Just a shame that the amp doesn't make it easier to bi-amp with just a single RCA input

Finally, I'm using QED silver profile 12 to bi-amp the fronts - do you think this is an appropriate choice, or what else would you consider?

Thanks

Steve

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
We use these things for running two subs off a single output, so I reckon they'd be fine. Yes, it's one more set of plug/socket connections, but I think it'd compare well with a custom-made cable.

And yes, that speaker cable is fine.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
At 15cm long will it be enough to reach your power amps? I think this is more designed to connect a single subwoofer lead into the two inputs on monay subs.

The hardwired adapter I suggested before should sound at least as good for a fraction of the price.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts