High Level input cable for sub B&W PV1

dakchi

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I had a quick question to ask the people who have B&W PV1 or PV1D subwoofer: I would lile to connect it with a Marantz PM6005 through the high level input. I think that I have lost the cable for that. It's a RJ11 cable like a telephone cable. Where can I but one? can I simply use any telephone cable?

Many thanks for your help

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Well, it's a cable with a telephone-type connector at one end, anyway.

Just a wild stab in the dark, and this is probably going out on a bit of wacky limb so forgive me, but how about connecting B&W costomer support and finding out how much a replacement would cost? ;)

dakchi

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
spiny norman said:
Well, it's a cable with a telephone-type connector at one end, anyway.

Just a wild stab in the dark, and this is probably going out on a bit of wacky limb so forgive me, but how about connecting B&W costomer support and finding out how much a replacement would cost? ;)

Thank you for your response. Well, if I contact the customer support, I know that they will sell me the téléphone cable for 100€. So I was hoping that someone can confirm that a normal telephone cable can do the work

JamesMellor

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
It's very hard to tell looking at the manual what kind of plug it is , are you sure its RJ11 ? thats 4 twisted pairs of very thin solid core cable

James

dakchi

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
JamesMellor said:
It's very hard to tell looking at the manual what kind of plug it is , are you sure its RJ11 ? thats 4 twisted pairs of very thin solid core cable

James

Yes it's an RJ11. I would appreciate if someone take a picture of the cable and send it to me?

Thank you

dakchi

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
grahamrider said:
The manual suggests it's a molex connector but does not identify which colour wire is connected to which pin.

yes it's in the manual:

Yellow Left +

Green Left -

Red Right +

Black Right -
just like a telephone RJ11 cable :exmark:

grahamrider

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi

This suggests that a heavier gauge cable is not necessary (taken from PV1D manual; assume alsoapplies to PV1

1. Speaker level stereo inputs – Molex socket

This option is provided if you are using an integrated

amplifier with no line level outputs. A special cable is

supplied that has a Molex plug at one end and bare

wires at the other. As the input impedance of the PV1D

is very high compared to a passive loudspeaker load,

there is no advantage in having a heavier gauge cable

and the PV1D may be connected in parallel with your

main speakers without compromising the load on

the amplifier.

The colour coding of the free end of the cable is:

Yellow Left +

Green Left -

Red Right +

Black Right -

Note: On delivery, the PV1D is configured to use

line level inputs. If you want to use speaker level

inputs, you must first configure one of the Presets.

See section 5.4 for more details.

frieddr

Nov 10, 2020
Visit site
Hey did you ever figure out how to hack a high level speaker wiring harness for the B&W pv1 subwoofer? This item appears to be no longer sold by the factory. Apparently the wires for the newer pv1d is different...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts