HiFi Live show 2017 end of day one.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
gowiththeflow said:
Various videos from the show now appearing on YouTube.

Take a look at this one featuring a £500,000 system including SME, Aurender, powered by Nagra amps playing through some amazing speakers from YG Acoustics (Sonja XV ?)

Some amazing live music after 4 mins in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH5XZKUoWXQ

z
Thanks for the link. I can’t seem to get it to work. Might it be one of these copyright thingies?

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
You wait guys my videos are going to be great.

Just awaiting approval to post the first couple up.

Got some great videos coming soon

Gazzip said:
ellisdj said:
Big chord system Cno

Hmmm... Kef made that error last year with their Muons I seem to remember. Such a shame because I would have loved to have heard them with something a little more appropriate. I also recall that the room wasn’t helping much either.
I get the impression from several shows that the manufacturers understandably rebook the same venue/room if they like it. But the bigger KEF room was awfu for my earsl. Maybe one of the films will show it in its, er, glory as maybe I was unlucky. By contrast the room they had at Bristol was great, although that was demoing the LS50 Wireless.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Cheers Guys - my skills are definately improving.

Here is the next video - quite a special one this one - very proud of this one actually. Please let me know what you think? Thanks

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I think about half a mil all in - yeah I didnt know what was what - the timing of the system is impeccable look how the music is timed perfectly with the guitarist and how fast he is going.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
ellisdj said:
I think about half a mil all in - yeah I didnt know what was what - the timing of the system is impeccable look how the music is timed perfectly with the guitarist and how fast he is going.
wow that’s some money’s worth it makes what we own look rubbish I would of thought the guitarist would be keeping in time with the setup but it sounded match per match in time .

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
ellisdj said:

Stringed instruments (especially strummed so quickly) are the oldest trick in the book for making loudspeakers sound perfectly timed. Look at any far eastern show. I would personally prefer to see a side by side with a drum kit (including kick drum) used to demonstrate what £500K of kit can/can’t do. Too easy.

gowiththeflow

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site

Take a look at this one featuring a £500,000 system including SME, Aurender, powered by Nagra amps playing through some amazing speakers from YG Acoustics (Sonja Junior XV ?)

z

gowiththeflow

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
.....did the hifi setup behind sound the same as the guitarist ? And if so how much for that kind of setup ?

I mentioned it on the previous page....

gowiththeflow said:

Take a look at this one featuring a £500,000 system including SME, Aurender, powered by Nagra amps playing through some amazing speakers from YG Acoustics (Sonja Junior XV ?)

Those are YG Acoustics second from the top of the range speakers with the separate bass modules.

There's a heck of a lot of high-end equipment around, with systems costing from 30, 40 or 50 thousand pounds upwards to well over half a million ££££'s.

The stuff on show at Windsor represents just a small fraction of the manufacturers operating and kit available in this sector of the market.

z

gowiththeflow

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
Gazzip said:
Stringed instruments (especially strummed so quickly) are the oldest trick in the book for making loudspeakers sound perfectly timed. Look at any far eastern show. I would personally prefer to see a side by side with a drum kit (including kick drum) used to demonstrate what £500K of kit can/can’t do. Too easy.

At another "High-end" show, I heard a Hi Def recording of solo drums being played through an array of dCS boxes, Dan D'Agostino monoblocks and some Wilson Audio speakers.

Absolutely awesome and incredibly lifelike, just as if the drummer was playing live in front of us and did not sound like any kind of recording. I've heard a lot of really good and fantastic sounding kit over the years, but to me that was as close as you can get to, if not actually representing, total fidelity to the original.

You could buy a 4 bedroom house for the price of that set up though.

In my humble opinion, that relatively modest Primare amp with the Revel standmounted speakers, gives them a fairly good run for the money. I also reckon that very affordable combo sounds better than the LS50 Wireless too.

z

z

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
the overall sound at the show was very high but the super systems really stood out and seperated themselves and justified their status - hopefully come the end of all my videos it will highlight that

I think Gazzip is being a little harsh on the Padood Guitar demo - it was meant a promotional entertainment and it was extremely entertaining, amazing actually, listen to what someone in the crowd says at the end.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
B&W 700 Series Demo - another well setup demo from B&W they really put the effort in to plan and do great demos

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Cheers BS videos like that are point shoot and edit nothing do with me. I managed to capture the speaker differences really well considering where the mic was placed completely wrong place.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Next video is up - Vivid Audio GIYA G3 & Mola Mola from Bruno Putzey - sounding incredible.

I would happily have put this system in my pocket and taken it home and it proved to me that Hypex Class D Amps sound seriously rich and clean in the right conditions.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
They was playingn in a Karma AV Room - I will be doing a video of that room.

Next Video up - big one Wilson Audio, D'Agostino, dCS, Transparent - this room was sounding big and fast and attacking and mega

Video does the system no justice at all - but you get to have a look at least.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I have just been putting together a series of Isotek Demo Videos.

I hope they pass You Tube Copyright as its going to be interesting for quite a few people on here to clearly hear the benefits of good mains conditioning, regeneration and a Quality Power Cables on a system. *biggrin*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts