HiFi Live show 2017 end of day one.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
ellisdj said:
I have just been putting together a series of Isotek Demo Videos.

I hope they pass You Tube Copyright as its going to be interesting for quite a few people on here to clearly hear the benefits of good mains conditioning, regeneration and a Quality Power Cables on a system. *biggrin*

If confronted with "evidence", the goal posts will be moved. *unknw*

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Its not really evidence but its all genuine recordings - everything genuine mic in same spot all the same morning - no editing or processing - I cut the video a little but not around the testing.

Its a system playing in a huge room being recorded by far from the best mic and setup. In real life the differences were larger but you can still hear it on the recordings.

I hope YT plays ball with the videos - one out of 3 is on ok so there is def some content coming.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
ellisdj said:
I have just been putting together a series of Isotek Demo Videos.

I hope they pass You Tube Copyright as its going to be interesting for quite a few people on here to clearly hear the benefits of good mains conditioning, regeneration and a Quality Power Cables on a system. *biggrin*

Brilliant! Would love to see the cable argument given something real to chew over, winter is on the way, what else are we going to do?!

ellisdj said:
They was playingn in a Karma AV Room - I will be doing a video of that room.

Next Video up - big one Wilson Audio, D'Agostino, dCS, Transparent - this room was sounding big and fast and attacking and mega

Video does the system no justice at all - but you get to have a look at least.
Interesting that during my Saturday visit the music was totally different. Good idea to keep it fresh for the presenters as doing that a dozen times a day would make you go stir crazy!

Thanks for the video, which was a great reminder. As you say, it cannot begin to reflect how stunning the sound was.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Not even close in that one. I wasnt anywhere near the hot area either so all your getting is an echo of the real thing.

I could record it pretty good but not with my mobile setup.

Second Isotek video is on but its a computer watch only sadly because watching it on my samsung s7 edge on pioneer hrm6 headphones so not the best the difference is so clear and obvious even in a quick a/b situation.

I hope when people watch it they might have a dragonfly or better for the pc to get some decent sound quality to hear it

Its recorded really well and demonstrates the difference a mains conditioner can make

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
ellisdj said:
They was playingn in a Karma AV Room - I will be doing a video of that room.

Next Video up - big one Wilson Audio, D'Agostino, dCS, Transparent - this room was sounding big and fast and attacking and mega 

Video does the system no justice at all - but you get to have a look at least.

The engineering on the D'Agostino casing looks amazing but I'd like to know the cost of the insides.

I'd be unhappy if most of the cost was down to the casing and not the insides that count more towards sound quality.
But still they look most probably the nicest I've seen

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Dan D@Agostino is the man behind Krell - his amps and kit from what I have heard sound incredible. WHF reviewed the Momentum and said its the best amp they have ever heard - from memory

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Andrew mate part of my video work at the show I did some isolation product testing recordings

I havent made those videos yet and havent even checked the footage but you have been after me making a video like that so should be one coming. Just letting you know

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Andrew mate part of my video work at the show I did some isolation product testing recordings

I havent made those videos yet and havent even checked the footage but you have been after me making a video like that so should be one coming.  Just letting you know

I'll take an open minded listen with my benchmark and beyerdynamic headphones but I struggle to hear differences blind as I refuse to look when the changes are.

As a side: take a look at this month's stereophile magazine on the benchmark dac 3 review lab tests: I always said it's one of the best available not only for the money but much more.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Thats only been the one video on one song - this is different totally.

I havent checked that video but I am sure if you watch all the isotek videos I have made you will hear changes in that - otherwise better you take up fishing... :)

Top Man thanks - getting through the work for the videos best I can

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Latest Couple videos are up

Chat with Atacama about their product range

Also a chat about the new but very authentic to the 1970s LS3/5A

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I’ve got the big Atacama elite AV rack the wide one I managed to buy mine on eBay secondhand for £500 but new your looking at over £1200 which is very expensive new .

anyway I noticed thatt chap was taking about the spikes and showing you the old kind which I have and the new kind I felt that you would get no difference between the two different versions of spikes the old ones would do the same job as the new spikes he had .

and then the new Eco rack which had cutouts on the underside and he said that this channels all of the energy to the legs ? This is meant to happen with my rack too not that I’ve noticed any vibration going though the legs and inside the legs you just get one long thread and the 2 caps sandwich the bamboo shelf between each leg but there is nothing on the thread on my rack just the threads and the end caps to stop the thread from vibrating and that’s a very big if the thread actually has any vibration .

and anyone with an older rack could just buy some nuts and put them on the thread if they were that worried about vibration going through the legs .

i personally look at he Atacama Av rack I have as a practical solution to hold large and very heavy hifi components which you need if you have some big boxes I did not mean to moan but felt he was talking out of his backside and had to say .

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I have put loads more videos up but have stopped linking them assuming noone will need links anymore.

If you do shout and I will start linking them again

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
ellisdj said:
I have put loads more videos up but have stopped linking them assuming noone will need links anymore.

If you do shout and I will start linking them again 

Keep linking them you lazy git
Love you

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Not everyone has a YT account to subscribe. I was only ever linking them as CNo asked me to.
I will need to link about 6.

Just put one up for Studio Connections with a really nice guy who works in studios. Hopefully do some more videos with him in the future.

insider9

Andrewjvt said:
insider9 said:
Andrewjvt said:
ellisdj said:

If you do shout and I will start linking them again 

Keep linking them you lazy git
Love you
Just subscribe to the channel and you'll get a notification

I already do just teasing the big man
:biggrin:

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I like the luxman room a specially those lovely Dali epicon 8 speakers which will set you back £12000 so I will have a pair of them please and a Pre amplifier & power amplifier from luxman please .... that will be £30.000 please sir . I can dream lol but that would be definitely my dream setup if I had that kind of money .

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Dali and Luxman Room

That system was playing off the new L509X which looks like the C700u and M700u as an integrated - going to be a killer amp going by this.

Studio Connections - cables cables that works in studios and home hifi

Computer Audio Design CAD - Ground Controls Demos - these are not cheap but they work great

Audioquest, Linn, Kudos - I like the Kudos Titan 707 - I have heard them a lot now, good speakers

Quadraspire Rack Demo One

Quadraspire Demo Two

The Big YG Acoustics, Nagra Room playing some music

Joncan Kavlakoglu - the incredible guitarist, I interview him and hhe plays the music I have used throughout, I really love this guys music, its so clever

Vinyl Cartridges Demonstration with Matthias Bode - this is just for the the interest of the topic but a good video

A Chat with Atlas Cables

KEF Chord, Chord room

KEF LS50W room

Elac room with their new speakers and Miracord Turntable

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Not that I saw Gazzip mate. They was being used in a lot of rooms.

They had the SE in the big KEF room and the normal in the LS50W room.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts