Guys please help me out here. I have become proud owner of B&W CM10 S2 recently and now am looking for a good match for those.

For purpose of streaming music (mostly FLAC) from my NAS -> router -> hifi system I am trying to choose one of these options I like:

1) Hegel H160 - one box with all I need (good DAC, AB amp, sufficient power, ethernet port)

2) Rotel separates:
Preamplifier - Rotel RC-1590
+
Amplifier - Rotel RB-1582 MkII

What dou you think? Should I look somewhere else?

My first choice would be integrated amp Mcintosh, which I simply adore, but this is way too expensive.

Budget is 3300 € = 3500 $. Room is 40 m2.

Any input is welcome. Thank you in advance

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I can't comment on the Hegel, but I have heard the RC1590 (along with a couple of RB1590 power amps) at the launch of the B&W 800 D3 series last year. The pre-amp was fed directly from a laptop via USB and using the DAC in the RC1590, and running a few different 800 Series models in succession, from the 803, through the 802 and finally the flagship 800. Through speakers like this, it is important to get the system right, otherwise the whole system just doesn't gel, or just doesn't sound like it is worth the asking price. Whilst listening to this system with numerous tracks, the RC didn't seem to be holding back the 800 models, and from that I can only take it that the DAC is of high quality, as is the analogue circuitry. Obviously it won't sound as good as the Classe models (which I expected to hear the 800 Series with) but at the same time it wasn't drawing undue attention to itself.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts