Hi Fi with slot-loading CD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, i'm looking for a suitable Hi Fi for my kids bedroom, i'd like a slot-loading CD so they are not tempted to open the draw and swing off it.

Can anybody suggest a suitably priced Micro or Midi Hi Fi that might fit the bill.

Cheers

Goofs

A

Anonymous

Swinging off the cd tray????? God forbid. Are you sure they need a hifi???? :). If so the Arcam solo mini is slot loading, costs 650 quid and small enough to pick up and throw about randomly. (not recommended). Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Duncan

[quote user="goofyden"]
Hi, i'm looking for a suitable Hi Fi for my kids bedroom, i'd like a slot-loading CD so they are not tempted to open the draw and swing off it.

Can anybody suggest a suitably priced Micro or Midi Hi Fi that might fit the bill.

Cheers

Goofs
[/quote]

I think the chances of them doing that are less than them forcing another CD into the slot and breaking the mechanism (trust me, I've done it and I'm a grown-up (sic)). Alternatively, give them a boom-box with a top loader.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply Jaxon5, the Arcom looks good, i might investigate further for myself, however i think its a bit pricey for a Kids room.

Thanks

Goofs

A

Anonymous

Thanks JD, i never considered that, Mmmm food for thought indeed. I thought it would be easier to operate without a tray, especially as its for a 5yr old but i take your point, maybe a boom box might be a better option.

A

Anonymous

damn. gotta get me one of those. (do they do them in blue?)

John Duncan

Not in Woolies, no. Silver or Lightning McQueen-themed only. Though notice how much extra you pay for the branding.........
emotion-5.gif

I shall investigate Argos.

Edit: Bingo.

A

Anonymous

haha
emotion-2.gif
.....as cool as they are, i'm not interested in something that will break within 12 months and need replacing. I think i've found the answer though.....
HITACHI AXM89

it plays mp3 so i don't even have to give him the original CD. Slot CD as well.

Thanks for the advice though.(i think)

TRENDING THREADS