Hi Fi pet hates

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
ellisdj said:
What is it inside the Devialet that Buzzes? Its looks very compact in there??

This must be a resonant freq in your room or something in your rack amplifying it maybe? - have you tried anything to absorb the sound near the unit to see if it helps?

This is Devialet's official line for the vibrating noise emanating from their £18K Flagship model...

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/articles/203427171-What-should-I-do-if-I-hear-a-noise-coming-from-my-Devialet-in-stand-by-

Extraordinary...

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
And this is Devialet's official line to explain the hissing emanating from the phono stage of their £18K flagship model:

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/articles/203427131-I-hear-a-noise-on-the-Phono-input

Funnily enough I didn't see any of that in the sales brochure...

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Gazzip said:
ellisdj said:
What is it inside the Devialet that Buzzes? Its looks very compact in there??

This must be a resonant freq in your room or something in your rack amplifying it maybe? - have you tried anything to absorb the sound near the unit to see if it helps?

This is Devialet's official line for the vibrating noise emanating from their £18K Flagship model...

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/articles/203427171-What-should-I-do-if-I-hear-a-noise-coming-from-my-Devialet-in-stand-by-

Extraordinary...

If you can hear it while the music is playing its not right, I would demand a refund. or at least one that does not buzz and hiss.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
Have you tried just unplugging it take the unit to a different room and plug it in and see if it makes any buzzing or any sound with the unit on its own in a quiet room

Yes, tried it in a different building as well. Devialet freely admit that their units make a noise, but sadly not at the point of sale.

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Gazzip, There's an online chat thingy on the Devialet website. If I were you, I would raise this issue again with them and tell them that you are not happy and intend to tell as many people as you can about it as this clearly should not happen with an £18K 'Audiophile' Amp. You could point to their 'advice' about the hissing and the fact that they don't display it on their sales literature.......

They know they need to protect their brand and this should prompt some reaction.

I'm beginning to feel somewhat fortunate that my Dev 200 still performs flawlessly and silently, and I wouldn't swap it for any other SS Amp, but if I were having the issues you are, I'd be seriously pissed off.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Infiniteloop said:
Gazzip, There's an online chat thingy on the Devialet website. If I were you, I would raise this issue again with them and tell them that you are not happy and intend to tell as many people as you can about it as this clearly should not happen with an £18K 'Audiophile' Amp. You could point to their 'advice' about the hissing and the fact that they don't display it on their sales literature.......

They know they need to protect their brand and this should prompt some reaction.

I'm beginning to feel somewhat fortunate that my Dev 200 still performs flawlessly and silently, and I wouldn't swap it for any other SS Amp, but if I were having the issues you are, I'd be seriously pissed off.
yes people power !

TrevC

Gazzip said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Have you tried just unplugging it take the unit to a different room and plug it in and see if it makes any buzzing or any sound with the unit on its own in a quiet room

Yes, tried it in a different building as well. Devialet freely admit that their units make a noise, but sadly not at the point of sale.

You give it back and demand a refund, that's what you do.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts