Hi-Fi Humour

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

AJ82 said:
It`s been a good cd player so far, untill it decided to start skipping most of my cd`s. I took the back off it an cleaned the lense with a cotton bud and some meths, it worked a treat.

Oh sugar help. Based on comments made on this forum, to stop channel hopping, I took the back off my 1yrs old pioneer plasma to give the big lense on the front a bit of a clean with cotton buds and some meths and now the picture is all smeared and for some reason I start feeling high when watching TV. I really don't know what I have done as all I did was clean it and why did I get that flash (liquid) and (cillit) bang as the thing was unpluged while I was inside, how can I repair it. :sad:

SteveR750

Re posting pics - you dont need a photobucket account at all, in fact no account anywhere. If you google images of the itme you are looking for, click on the image you want to post, right click when it has expanded, select "copy iamge url" then paste this is the image box shown earlier. Remember to select position as "bottom", on Chrome anything else doesnt work for some reason.

A

Anonymous

SteveR750 said:
select position as "bottom", on Chrome anything else doesnt work for some reason.

???

Barnfield%20WC%20Suite.jpg

A

Anonymous

SteveR750 said:
Hmmm, an massive improvement over this

898642_9e32_625x1000.jpg

Jobs obviously said to his design team "I want you to come up with something that makes people think of my name when they use it"............

A

Anonymous

Musical%20instrument%20urinals.jpg

:shame: some people have a very different idea of how classical music can be stress relieving!

What do you get if you drop a piano down a mine shaft?

A flat minor.

:oops:

A

Anonymous

SteveR750 said:
What do you get if you drop a piano down a mine shaft?

A flat minor.

:oops:

only in chinor

[/quote]

Not only chinor - it would certainly have been a very sad, unfortunate and rather perplexing end to the events in Chile also.

A

Anonymous

:smile:

Well it would have had to have been pretty tied up and then for there to be a major breakdown or slipped in the november rain. They would have been knockin' on heavens door but it's yesterdays news now and the end result was so fine so don't cry.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
shooter69 said:
Whats chinor? :oops:

Pausing only to clutch my splitting sides at all those pictures of lavatories – so hilarious – , I think you'll find it's a village in Oxfordshire, though the spealling may be slightly wonky.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
shooter69 said:

Pausing only to clutch my splitting sides at all those pictures of lavatories – so hilarious – , I think you'll find it's a village in Oxfordshire, though the spealling may be slightly wonky.

Ah Chinnor, a nice place, home of the ancient track Icknield Way that Spencer Gore painted 100 years ago and the red kite community.

Icknield Way by Spencer Gore:

Spencer_Gore_Icknield_Way_1912.jpg

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard said:
shooter69 said:

Pausing only to clutch my splitting sides at all those pictures of lavatories – so hilarious

:grin:

Oops, have got Andrew resorting to toilet humour himself now, time to up the game.

A

Anonymous

To: Chairman, The London Symphony Orchestra
Re: Schubert's Symphony No. 8 in B minor.

After attending a rehearsal of this work we make the following observations and recommendations:

1. We note that the twelve first violins were playing identical notes, as were the second violins. Three violins in each section, suitably amplified, would seem to us to be adequate.

2. Much unnecessary labour is involved in the number of demisemiquavers in this work; we suggest that many of these could be rounded up to the nearest semiquaver thus saving practice time for the individual player and rehearsal time for the entire ensemble. The simplification would also permit more use of trainee and less-skilled players with only marginal loss of precision.

3. We could find no productivity value in string passages being repeated by the horns; all tutti repeats could also be eliminated without any reduction of efficiency.

4. In so labour-intensive an undertaking as a symphony, we regard the long oboe tacet passages to be extremely wasteful. What notes this instrument is called upon to play could, subject to a satisfactory demarcation conference with the Musician's Union, be shared out equitably amongst the other instruments.

Conclusion: if the above recommendations are implemented the piece under condsideration could be played through in less than half an hour with concomitant savings in overtime, lighting and heating, wear and tear on the instruments and hall rental fees. Also, had the composer been aware of modern cost-effective procedures he might well have finished this work.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts