Here we go again.... GT50 with screen burn...

Page 24 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Unfortunately I'm a bit late to this update after celebrating my 40th birthday over the weekend but if I had known sooner I have a spare touch remote for the F8000 that you could have had.

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
Unfortunately I'm a bit late to this update after celebrating my 40th birthday over the weekend but if I had known sooner I have a spare touch remote for the F8000 that you could have had.

Happy birthday, Oldboy. :cheers:

MrW

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Oldboy said:

Many thanks Oldboy

Found a 'bargain' one on eBay anyway, but thank you again

And many happy returns, welcome to the club!

:cheers:

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Oldboy said:

happy birthday mate

:cheers:

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Many thanks to all of you for the birthday wishes, much appreciated :cheers:

Won't go into any details but it was certainly memorable and a cracking weekend, don't feel 40 though...still a child who loves his gadgets and tech :grin:

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Happy belated birthday Oldboy, and no, you don't look a day over 30. :p

Sorry to hijack, but I posted a few questions for you on your RX-A2020 review thread, I'd really appreciate your help if you can.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I keep meaning to, but my turntable is my priority at the moment.

It's on my to do list for tomorrow. :roll:

MrW

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Update

So we have had the TV now for some 14 weeks or so, and do I miss the GT50...?

In one word, no!

The F8000 continues to impress on every level, and long gone are the days of DSE, blurring fast motion and image retention

One of the most impressive features of the Samsung is the Plex app.

I'd been using DLNA on the GT50, with Plex Media Server on my Mbpr, but to be honest, it really struggled, and picture quality was sometimes poor

With the proper Plex interface on the F8000 my media library is easily accessed, runs responsively and the PQ is fantastic

In summary, a great TV, and highly recommended.

I realise that the F8000 is now obsolete, but from what I can see, the new H7000 is about as close as you will get now (TV even looks identical, bar the stand...) but there may still be F8000's out there at reduced prices

D

Deleted member 2457

MrW said:
Update

So we have had the TV now for some 14 weeks or so, and do I miss the GT50...?

In one word, no!

The F8000 continues to impress on every level, and long gone are the days of DSE, blurring fast motion and image retention

One of the most impressive features of the Samsung is the Plex app.

I'd been using DLNA on the GT50, with Plex Media Server on my Mbpr, but to be honest, it really struggled, and picture quality was sometimes poor

With the proper Plex interface on the F8000 my media library is easily accessed, runs responsively and the PQ is fantastic

In summary, a great TV, and highly recommended.

I realise that the F8000 is now obsolete, but from what I can see, the new H7000 is about as close as you will get now (TV even looks identical, bar the stand...) but there may still be F8000's out there at reduced prices

:cheers: Are you getting it calibrated?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts