Help with PS3 fault diagnosis.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I downloaded the latest firmware update for my PS3 today, I think it was version 3.15. After downloading it I started a game of socom and all was fine. I then shut down the PS3 and went to use it again a while later. When I power it up I get the green light followed by the usual couple of bleeps and then it briefly shows the PS3 logo, all of this is absolutely normal. After the PS3 logo briefly appears it is usually followed by the normal screen shown here.

ps3.jpg

My problem is I cannot get to this page. After the PS3 logo appears for a few seconds it then disappears and I get the backround with nothing else. Also the PS3 control pad doesn't switch on during start up like normal (it's not the battery I tried it connected with the USB lead). I have tried loading CD's and various games and all of them don't do a thing either.

So to summarise, no fault lights (ie the yellow light of death) but as it wont even load up the main menu I can't even attempt at doing a system restore or anything. It just seems strange that I downloaded this update, had a quick game no problems, shut it down and when it came to switching it back on again it seems knackered
emotion-7.gif

As always any advice would be appreciated
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Found a solution in the end!

It would seem that I had accquired some corrupt files on the HDD. This is a coincidence considering I literally just completed an update download and all was fine before it
emotion-12.gif
Version 3.15

Assuming this was the problem and anyone else has similar issues follow these instructions. It is basically the PS3 version of going into "safe mode" and sorting the problem from there. It's a bit of pain, I had to reset everything including wireless connection/Audio/Visual. I didn't lose any HDD content luckily so no harm done.
emotion-2.gif

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Curious as i've not had any problems, just a case of being unlucky i guess but i would be intrigued to know how you got the corrupt data and how it affected the update. I've only had corrupt data from downloads over PSN either not downloading correctly or not installing after download, nice info about the 'safe mode' that was something i knew nothing about
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Oldboy:Curious as i've not had any problems, just a case of being unlucky i guess but i would be intrigued to know how you got the corrupt data and how it affected the update. I've only had corrupt data from downloads over PSN either not downloading correctly or not installing after download, nice info about the 'safe mode' that was something i knew nothing about
emotion-21.gif

Well the 3.15 software update was the only thing I have downloaded recently so it stands to reason that had something to do with it. Like I said all was fine until that install was done.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Daveee:

Oldboy:Curious as i've not had any problems, just a case of being unlucky i guess but i would be intrigued to know how you got the corrupt data and how it affected the update. I've only had corrupt data from downloads over PSN either not downloading correctly or not installing after download, nice info about the 'safe mode' that was something i knew nothing about
emotion-21.gif

Well the 3.15 software update was the only thing I have downloaded recently so it stands to reason that had something to do with it. Like I said all was fine until that install was done.

Obviously I dont know what your setups like, but you only need a slight voltage drop/spike or similar for something like this to happen

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts