Help with home cinema set up

amarocknrollstar

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
Ok, this is exceptionally embarassing. Got a new AV amp a while ago but just never really had time to set it up properly. It's been a long time since I last used my sweet Arcam Xeta 2 before replacing it with my current Yamaha monster. Problem is - I just can't seem to remember to how to bloody connect it up! Rotel pre/power 870s I am running. Two tape loops on pre amp, one bridged mono on power and well, it's a yamaha DSP-AX620 - you can only imagine what's on offer at the back of that! There is no pre in/out on the back of the av amp. Please help. Cheers Stevie Here is a pic of the back

A

Anonymous

I assume you are wanting to connect it so as the rotel drives the front two channels and the AV handles the rest???
If so i believe(and don't quote me on this) that your AV amp/receiver must be connected via pre-outs to your stereo amp,and as yours hasn't one i'm not sure if this is possible???
Have you tried posting in the HOME CINEMA section?

Sorry couldn't be more help!

amarocknrollstar

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
Thanks very much for your help buddy.
Tried home cinema forum but to no avail.
Yup, with rotel driving fronts.
Guess I'll just have to try all 678903456780 combinations!

A

Anonymous

No prob

have just checked the spec of your Yamaha on superfi(see link) http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/Product_ID/696
and it states that it has 6 channel pre-outs and it looks like they are the ones marked, MAIN,REAR,CENTRE in the OUTPUT section on the right hand side(i'm guessing they're marked OUTPUT instead of PRE-OUTPUT) but i'd check!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts