help with denon or any sky+ converting to prologic

shane21075

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Looking at first amp and demon avr1713 is v cheap at mo. Does the 1713 take a sky+ or any stereo input over HDMI and convert to Dolby prologic

shane21075

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for reply but not looking for it to play that if embedded in source, looking for it to play a standard stereo TV signal as prologic

shane21075

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
OK. New to this so may be wrong. My blue ray cinema all in one Sony e370 takes the sky HDMI thru arc from TV. I can then change the sound on cinema system from stereo to prologic etc. Looking for the same in this amp

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Why? Is not a 'standard tv signal' always DPL?? Never really thought about it but my amp display showa PLII as minimum for all.tv which 'converts' to 5.1 or 7.1 output. No expert but interested now.

A short answer then will be yes.

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
I may be wrong and often are but I think all 'stereo' from sky is in pl2. Originally stereo, then nicam, now pl2. Its a stereo signal with additional modulated info for capable receivers. Most all of them for some years. Only of academic interest but thats the beauty of forums and this interweb thingybob.

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
RobinKidderminster said:
I may be wrong and often are but I think all 'stereo' from sky is in pl2. Originally stereo, then nicam, now pl2. Its a stereo signal with additional modulated info for capable receivers. Most all of them for some years. Only of academic interest but thats the beauty of forums and this interweb thingybob.

+1 to that :cheers:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts