Help with cyrus please!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, got a bit of a dilema. I have a cd8se and psx-r, but yesterday i got a pre and 8 power amp and another psx-r is on order. Was wondering if i got another 8 power instead of the psx-r (nearly same price), and used them as mono's, would that be better than the above system, or would it just be louder? Eventually i would get the parts that i dont go for just now, but want the best set-up possible for the moment.

A

Anonymous

dontcallmeshirley:Hi, got a bit of a dilema. I have a cd8se and psx-r, but yesterday i got a pre and 8 power amp and another psx-r is on order. Was wondering if i got another 8 power instead of the psx-r (nearly same price), and used them as mono's, would that be better than the above system, or would it just be louder? Eventually i would get the parts that i dont go for just now, but want the best set-up possible for the moment.

Shirley (sorry!)

If you're that rich go for the extra power amp and the PSX-R! (Or loan another PSX-R from your dealer if you go the power amp route).

Mike_Schmidt

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
and dont call me shirley that hilarious one of the funniest of all time, buy anywho I have a cyrus set up with two smartpowers AKA 8 powers running in mono. Thats the way to go it just makes the music come more easily, more power to each speaker with great finesse as well. The 8 powers are so good that the next upgrade is only the mono X's. If it was me all over again, I would do it

A

Anonymous

Cheers guys. You cant beat a bit of leslie Nielsen. No, im not that rich, i can assure you of that. It's just that the amp is £24 dearer than the psx-r! Im still using my b&w 685's, till i audition some more speakers. Leaning towards the Dynaudio Excite x32's or the spendor a5's, which i have'nt heard yet, will do that this week. I doubt the shop would loan me the psx-r's as i would then need at least 2. Or do i get one psx'r and rob my cd player of the other? Damn you cyrus and you're infinite upgrades!

A

Anonymous

dontcallmeshirley:Cheers guys. You cant beat a bit of leslie Nielsen. No, im not that rich, i can assure you of that. It's just that the amp is £24 dearer than the psx-r! Im still using my b&w 685's, till i audition some more speakers. Leaning towards the Dynaudio Excite x32's or the spendor a5's, which i have'nt heard yet, will do that this week. I doubt the shop would loan me the psx-r's as i would then need at least 2. Or do i get one psx'r and rob my cd player of the other? Damn you cyrus and you're infinite upgrades!

eBay and other sites that are available often have PSX-Rs cheaper than the new price? Might be worth exploring?

I'm tempted already and my 8SE player is away for a software upgrade! (I blame Mick Schmidt)

Mike_Schmidt

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Yeah I would blame me to!

We have clearance Clarence
Roger, Roger what's our vector Victor
Huh

With the B&W's they tend to be power hungry so the extra grunt wouldn't hurt any.

A

Anonymous

dontcallmeshirley:Hi, got a bit of a dilema. I have a cd8se and psx-r, but yesterday i got a pre and 8 power amp and another psx-r is on order. Was wondering if i got another 8 power instead of the psx-r (nearly same price), and used them as mono's, would that be better than the above system, or would it just be louder? Eventually i would get the parts that i dont go for just now, but want the best set-up possible for the moment.

I'd go for the extra 8 power and move the PSX-R from the CD8SE to the pre. Upgrade speakers next, dynaudio and spendor are both respected with Cyrus kit. I wouldn't entertain the PSX-R's on the 8 powers I'd just go straight to mono X from there. Nearly the same price as the 8 power and PSX-R but a much more accomplished amplifier IMO.

A

Anonymous

Hi again. Went for the extra amp and a psx-r for the pre. Got some atlas hyper 2.0 also. Had a listen to the a5's and some b&w cm something or another, did'nt like them. A5's sounded nice, so going back for a proper listen on tuesday, going to have a listen to the A6's also, they dont look as nice, but hopefully will sound a bit better.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts