help with connections - hope this is the right place to post

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi we have just moved our old panasonic video/dvd recorder to our bedroom DMR-ES30VEB and want to connect it to our sony bravia KDL20S2020 digital tv to record on the odd occasion that our other machine is recording something downstairs.

The tv has a smartlink output scart and the dvd a qlink we used to be able to record using the external link system with a freeview box but don't really want another box on the dressing table so want to use the digital signal from the tv. I have connected a scart between the machines but can't seem to work out which sockets I should use and what to set the av settings as because the 2 manuals seem to contradict themselves.

I seem to be going around in circles so any help would be appreciated

A

Anonymous

I have the same TV in my bedroom, does the recorder hace Freeview built in to it? from what i can gather you will need a freeview reciever in the recorder to record.

dont quote me on that but that is my opinion

A

Anonymous

thanks for your response no the recorder is just analogue,

I have managed to now get the machine to record from the tv if I put the tv on timer record using the epg, but somehow it also records using external link everytime someone turns the tv on. I either need to look at all the connections again or as it is only as a spare not put it on external link unless we are recording

TRENDING THREADS