Help with centre for Rega 3s

Philhayes

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Rega no longer make the centre speaker that would match my 3s. Any suggestions as to what I might use, or should I get a seperate speaker system? My av amp is Marantz 1603. and it feeds a Rotel RA-1520 stereo amp.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I have a separate system and speakers, but I have the space to do it, and it suited me to do this as I could not make up my mind about floorstanders (to share).

Do you have the space? What is your budget? Do you eventually want a full 5.1 setup? Do you want to replace the R3's at some point?

If you can go the 'separate' way, you can get a decent setup for movies by looking at for example the Dali Zensor, or MA Bronze ranges.

Philhayes

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Money is short so my plan was to get the centre, use two Diamonds I have as rears, and add a sub later. To be honest even the £269 forthe Rega was pushing it, but also I do like a bit of quality. My main interest is music, so I am thinking of getting something like Kef 2005 set-up which my local RS have for £300. Your thoughts much appreciated.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Unless you are lucky and see a 2nd hand vox.

I would go into Richers and have a listen to a few speakers. Can you demo the Kefs?

I have no idea what other make of centre speaker would most closely match the Regas.

Try to listen to the Kefs and then have a demo of say the Q Accoustics 2000i system.

See what you think. If you like the Q Accoustics a lot more, could you get just the centre speaker, see how it matches with your Regas, and if it does not work, save up for the 2020i (or 2010i) for front right & left.

Just go and have a listen, it might clear your mind a bit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts