help with av amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi I'm in the process of putting together my 1rst set up , i have purchased a rel505 sub, monitor audio speakers Panasonic bd 50 blue ray player, and my TV is a Sony 40w2000 which i bought 1n half year ago for £2000 ha i already feel TV is ancient anyway my problem is i don't have an amp yet, i'm looking to spend between £1000 and£1500 i will be using it mostely for cinema i was looking at the denon2808 or 3808 can someone please help me out with some suggestions for amps ? , Ive heard Yamaha are about to release a couple of new amps around the £1000 n £1500 mark would that be correct ? any help would be dearly appreciated thanks all

A

Anonymous

any1 please help, if you are happy with your amp or would upgrade it to somthing better then id like to know?

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
If you want a quality amp for a budget i would go for the Onkyo 905 at £799 was £1399. Other bargains include the Onkyo 875 for £599 was £1000 And the Denon 2808 for £399 was £899.All of these can be found at Richer Sounds. Yes i think you are right but there are no reviews yet, also Denon and Onkyo will shortly be releasing new models eg 876 and 906 around the £1000 £1500 But to me dont look like much improvement. I always like a bargain so would not spend that much on an amp unless i had soeakers to justify it.I would go for the 905 and save the rest for further upgrades in the future may be tv or speakers imo.

A

Anonymous

i see i take it you mean that if i spend a bit on good amp then i will not benefit because my radious 270 speakers are not a match?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
The Onkyo 905 is worth a listen because last year, at £1,400, WHF described it as the best home cinema amp you can get under £2,000. As you can imagine, at £800 - £900 therefore, it really is a bargain. Of course a lot of new amps are being released very soon (including upgraded models from Onkyo) and it's impossible to say how much better they will be until we see them. If you want to play it safe, wait for these to be released but if you can't wait, go for the 905 - I can personally vouch that it truly is spectacular for movie soundtracks.

A

Anonymous

yes ive been concidering the 905 ive nearly purchased it on a few occations but on those both occantions the seller didnt have it in black, think im going to wait till new models arrive , does any1 know when to expect new onkyo , denon and yamaha amps are due out?
als

A

Anonymous

In my opinion, and if I were you, I'd buy the 905-I have an 875 myself and for movies it's awsome. As for new models though-I just bought an Arcam AVR300 brand new for a smaller system I'm putting together-it's an old model certainly but it sounds AMAZING-and that, at the end of the day, that's what matters. Best of luck putting together your new system-fun times!

A

Anonymous

eh thanks Ive really became hooked on this home cinema stuff , work hard for it so like to spend on stuff i enjoy doing and this home cinema is something that im really enjoying doing as said before tho I'm just starting out so any info would be gratefully received, does bi wiring make great difference Ive just bought monitor audio radius speakers they only have single connections for speakers and I'm wondering if Ive overlooked something that could make great difference to my sound?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts