Help with a new set up

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all i have recently bought a Samsung UE40ES7000 TV for my room.

First of all the tv is absolutley amazing and i would highly recommend it.

Now i am looking for a new surround sound system.

I have done some research and i was looking at buying a 5.1 AVR seperately and then buy some speakers for it.

but in all honesty i dont have much clue on what to do, is it better to buy an all in 1 ?

i will be using the system for ps3 (gaming, bluray movies) freeview/freesat, DLNA and Airplay (from iphone 5).

i would like it to be as wireless as possible as in the speakers but not completley sure what wireless offers?does it mean the speakers dont need to be plugged in (battery operated) or is it just wireless to the receiver? Also a must is audio compatibility as in dolby hd and dts hd ect.

Sorry in advance if anything i asked doesent even make sense i really dont have much clue here.

My budget for all this is around £500-600 fingers crossed.

Anyone know what to go for?

Thanks

Chris

drichardb

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
The only way you will get wireless speakers within your budget is to get an all in one blu-ray home cinema system such as the Sony BDV-N790. This system has built in wi-fi and supports DLNA but I'm not sure if its Airplay compatitble. Personally I'm not a fan of wireless speakers as you need to find sockets to power them and are prone to interference (in my experience).

A

Anonymous

Hello thank you very much for the reply i have come to realise that your right and £600 budget is certainly small for what i am after.

For this reason i have upped my budget to £1000. Hope this opens more doors as i have heard bad things about sony receivers.

a freind reccomended the yamaha rxv773 with tannoy HTS101 speakers. I nearly went in for the kill until my dad strongly reccomended denon.

Also u suppose wireless is not extremely important it just would of been nice.

i think with £1000 the yamaha rxv773 might be a little out if my range if i want some good speakers aswell.

any ideas guys?

A

Anonymous

Sorry i meant to my freind recommended the yamaha RXV673 with Tannoy HTS101 speaker not the 773

drichardb

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I'd look at something a little more capable than the Tannoy's. The Q Acoustic 2000i speakers would be a better buy and can be had as a package with the 673 for a few pennies shy of £800.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts