Help with a cable query

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I believe in mains cables so no replies saying anything abt them not working please.

Does a power lead work the same as a mains conditioner?

Which is best, a separate non freebie power lead from standard wall socket to device or a conditioner 6 way block whith the freebie lead from block to device?

Tear Drop

Apr 23, 2008
Visit site
Generally best to work back from your equipment to the wall socket (and beyond if you can) - exceptions to this would be if you are going all out on sorting out a separate mains spur or introducing a very high quality filtering unit.

A

Anonymous

would not go further than the socket but wondered if conditioner was wasted if used with a freebie lead from device.

can only afford one or the other

Sliced Bread

bobbys:would not go further than the socket but wondered if conditioner was wasted if used with a freebie lead from device.

can only afford one or the other
I used my Tacmia mains blocks with standard mains cables before I upgraded them, and there was a definite improvement. In fact it was hearing the benefit of the Tacima that prompted me to look at the mains cables, which increased performance further.

A

Anonymous

The same results to John.
I have been using Russ Andrews power cables for many years to good effect, and about 6 mths ago added a Tacima block to my dedicated mains spur with a big improvement.

About a month ago I saw a post on here saying he used 3 BT mains conditioning units that he bought cheap off Ebay.
Now a MCU was something that I had thought was way outside what I was prepared to pay, (£850+) but knew that they did the total job on the mains.

Have since bought 2 off Ebay paying £30 - £35 each. Have plugged them into the Tacima and I use the Russ Andrews cables simply because I have got them. But the uplift in sound clarity, detail is gob smacking. Even on the sub. Further more I plugged in the standard supplied cables and the sound was just the same.

So my conclusion is if you buy the units off Ebay you don't need to use anything more than what you already have to gain what sounds like a new better system!

Hope my post has helped you.

A

Anonymous

will be using a mains power lead if i buy one, from from a topfield sat pvr which has a figure 8 plug.

the conditioner will be the tacima cs929 and i can only afford one or the other

i do use the tarantula power lead for tv and hi fi so these will come out of the tacima so should get a benefit for these.

but would i lose what i gain through the free lead(from sat pvr) once power leaves the block and travels up free lead to sat pvr

Sliced Bread

bobbys:will be using a mains power lead if i buy one, from from a topfield sat pvr which has a figure 8 plug.

the conditioner will be the tacima cs929 and i can only afford one or the other

i do use the tarantula power lead for tv and hi fi so these will come out of the tacima so should get a benefit for these.

but would i lose what i gain through the free lead(from sat pvr) once power leaves the block and travels up free lead to sat pvr
I'm no expert, but if it was my money and I was only going to buy one I'd go for the Tacima because that way all of your components will receive the benefit, rather than one power lead going into one component. Like I said, I used to use the Tacima with standard leads and it did improve performance.

TRENDING THREADS