Help req setting up sub to TX-SR806

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys,

some help needed please,

when i'm setting up my sub to the amp do i set the sub to max vol and max feq (50 to 150hz)?

if i do this will it put extra running presure on the sub causing it to overheat? my speakers are set to 70hz on the speaker settings on the amp and the sub is set to 120hz!

the sub has two line inputs, should i use an ixos line splitter to send signals to both inputs? i've heard this increases the subs output volume?

i'm using a QED performance 3mtr minature sub cable at pres is this an ok cable to use or should i be using something much thicker?

your help in this matter would be great as i don't want to damage the sub or run it to hot if it's not needed!

cheers Pete.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
petesneds:when i'm setting up my sub to the amp do i set the sub to max vol and max feq (50 to 150hz)?

Somewhere between three-quarters volume and just shy of full output should be fine. And yes, crossover frequency set to maximum - the receiver is doing all the volume control and filtering.

petesneds:if i do this will it put extra running presure on the sub causing it
to overheat? !

Nope

petesneds:the sub has two line inputs, should i use an ixos line splitter to
send signals to both inputs? i've heard this increases the subs output
volume?

Not sure where you heard that, but no, I wouldn't bother. Just use either input unless the manual suggests that a specific one is used for mono sources.

petesneds:i'm using a QED performance 3mtr minature sub cable at pres is this
an ok cable to use or should i be using something much thicker

No, that'll be fine.

petesneds:i don't want to damage the sub or run it to hot if it's not needed!

It'll be fine, honest...

A

Anonymous

thats great Andrew thanks for your help!

cheers Pete.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts