Help Please - Freeview Recording

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I bought a Sony LCD KDL W40A12U TV with built in freeview nearly two years ago and also have a Sony RDR-HX710 DVD Recorder.

Unfortunately the DVD Recorder doesn't have freeview and so I have found that I can only record what is actually on the TV Screen onto the DVD recorder. So basically I can't watch one channel and record another.

Is there anyway of getting around this or do I need to get a seperate Freeview box as well to maybe record from that while I watch something else on the screen?

If I got another freeview box, what would be the best way of connecting that and the DVD recorder with the TV?

I've been puzzling over this for a while with no success so would appreciate any advice.

Aswad

John Duncan

[quote user="Aswad"]
Hi,

I bought a Sony LCD KDL W40A12U TV with built in freeview nearly two years ago and also have a Sony RDR-HX710 DVD Recorder.

Unfortunately the DVD Recorder doesn't have freeview and so I have found that I can only record what is actually on the TV Screen onto the DVD recorder. So basically I can't watch one channel and record another.

Is there anyway of getting around this or do I need to get a seperate Freeview box as well to maybe record from that while I watch something else on the screen?

If I got another freeview box, what would be the best way of connecting that and the DVD recorder with the TV?

I've been puzzling over this for a while with no success so would appreciate any advice.

Aswad

[/quote]

Well, not strictly true - you can record a terrestrial channel to the DVD recorder, whilst watching a Freeview channel on the telly, provided you have an aerial plugged into the television as well.

If you want to record a freeview channel, you need a freeview source for it to record, which means a freeview box - even a cheap one will have a VCR out SCART socket, from which you can record (and play back).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts