help please for best on ear headphones for portable use.

willy6215

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
hi i m sorry this has been asked many times and i am looking in the archives.

i want a new pair off on ear headphones and i find myself looking between AKG K550 ,551 and sennheiser momentum.

this is purely on what hi fi reviews. i initally looked at the 551 for the new design and iphone extras but i see the phono jack is stupidly thick and im unsure if it will fit my iphone with its case on?

the 550 has a massivley long cable and apparently both are quiet big and maybe not ideal for walking the dog.

recently i have looked at the momentum and maybe these are the ones?

any advice please from any owners or people who know what they are on about.

is there much between the 550,551 and momentum in sound quality?

thanks in advance

BigMartin

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
As Dalethorn mentioned, youre wanting over ear headphones rather than on ear from the pairs you described.

Even though Im a big fan of AKG K550, from what you want to use them for, Sennheiser would probably be best choice to go for

willy6215

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
hi thanks for your replies.

yes over ear are the headphones i want.

i do have a pair of panasonic rp htx7 which what hi fi rate as a 5 star.

would i be gaining much from the 551 or momentum over the htx7?

i do like the sound of the panasonic , would i gain much or will it be worth it for the extra £100 or so

thanks again in advance

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
willy6215 said:
hi thanks for your replies.

yes over ear are the headphones i want.

i do have a pair of panasonic rp htx7 which what hi fi rate as a 5 star.

would i be gaining much from the 551 or momentum over the htx7?

i do like the sound of the panasonic , would i gain much or will it be worth it for the extra £100 or so

thanks again in advance

Panasonic makes good electronics, headphones are likely also good. But, Panasonic headphones are virtually unknown in audiophile headphone circles, so I'm betting you won't get any reliable information at all, in comparing them to other brands.

BigMartin

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Panasonic is quite a good headphones brand to be honest but yeah it'll be difficult to find solid unbiased reviews when compared to other big audiophile brands.

Personally Momentum sounds the best but check if you're willing to go a bit higher and go for something like Beyerdynamic?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts