help on subwoofer for my system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
can anyone give me some idea which sub would go with my system.

42 " toshiba lcd / onkyo nr 905 av amp / kef iq9 fronts / kef iq60c centre / kef iq5se rears / panasonic dmp-bd30 / onkyo ds-asx dock. my room is 15 by 18 feet

A

Anonymous

if its worth getting dont mind paying the extra. have been looking at the b&w asw 610. not sure if i need something with more meat

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
It's meant to be a great sub. Only reservation I would have would be someone reported on here that they'd killed 2 of 'em! (Can't remember who, a search may yield results)

A

Anonymous

apart from that is there anything you would recommend. i dont want to over power system with bass but i do want it to support.

need to find the balance

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I'd say take a listen to the PV1. But it'd spark a heated debate along the lines of "It ain't bad, but you're paying for the looks".

It's one of the most devisive components in A/V as far as I can tell. You'll find a list of pros and cons as long as your arm, but it's definitely worth a listen.

All I know is, it's great with my music and movies. It'll shake the walls when required, but punch out a kick drum with precision too. Yes it's pricey, but worth it IMO.

The Monitor Audio RSW12 (I think that's what it's called) is also meant to be a storming performer, and a useful few £££ less than the PV1 too.

Not sure how the KEF PSW3500 fairs, but it may also be worth a listen.

A

Anonymous

As a value for money proposition, it's hard to beat the BK Monolith. It's physically quite large though, although your room is a fair size.ÿ

stuart123

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
I have a Miller and Kriesell MX7000 which has two 8" drivers and a small footprint. It sounds amazing and is very very good with music. It cost a grand but I am open to offers!!

Minigill

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
Big Chris:It's meant to be a great sub. Only reservation I would have would be someone reported on here that they'd killed 2 of 'em! (Can't remember who, a search may yield results)

His system is in the 'Watch me build my home theater centre', JasonSony 375. He had it for sale at one point. Lovely set up he has !

A

Anonymous

Ive read 'Watch me build my home theater centre', JasonSony 375.( nice system ) its kinda putting me off the B&W 610 sub.

There is the B&W asw 610xp which has twin 200 watt amps and dual voice coils.

MJ ACOUSTICS any better? or REL R SERIES 205/305/505

Didnt really want to spend a grand on a sub but if need be

A

Anonymous

Don't know if I am ignorant, but I have never heard of Bk monolith. `Beaver me' mentioned bk also. Has anyone any experience with this equipment? Is it any good, what's it on par with ?

A

Anonymous

Yep i had a monolith storming sub but quite large...I had MJ ref200 prior to the mono and a pro 50 before that and the monolith was better by a huge margin and half the price of the ref 200, You wont find many subs for £400 that will do a real in room 15hz

A

Anonymous

CHEERS GUYS FOR YOUR HELP. NOT SURE YET WHAT TO GET.

IF ANYONE HAS ANYMORE IDEAS , PLEASE ALL HELP GREATFULL.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts