Help needed please, Amplifier Impedance question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can someone help please. I have just purchased Audica CX Series System 1 and I am now looking to get the Onkyo TX-SR605.

The problem is, I have just noticed the impedence on the speakers is showing as 4ohms but the Onkyo amp shows impedence of 6ohms.

Will I be able to drive the speakers safely without damaging either speakers or amp. Or do I need to find a different amp like the Pioneer VSX-LX50, as that is 6ohms

Also, due to the low impedence of the speakers will I be able to still use the Qed Silver Anniversary XT speaker cable. Or will I have to get thicker cable?

PLEASE HELP!!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Tetrion"]Will I be able to drive the speakers safely without damaging either speakers or amp.[/quote]

Yes.

[quote user="Tetrion"]Also, due to the low impedence of the speakers will I be able to
still use the Qed Silver Anniversary XT speaker cable.[/quote]

Yes.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Andrew, I didn't want to make a mistake by getting the Onkyo before knowing. That has set my mind at ease...

Would you say the Onklyo is a better amp than the Pioneer? I want to be able to upscale my current DVD collection as well as output the latest HD audio.

A

Anonymous

Oh, I thought HDMI up-conversion was the same. Looks like I will have to just put up with that alone, or save up for another 6mths and get the 875.

A

Anonymous

Thinking about it, would I need the upscaling ability of the Onkyo if my players already upscale.

I have the Toshiba HD-EP30 and the Pioneer BDP-LX70A. Would these do the job better than the amp?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts