Help needed for Arcam MS250 server

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My Arcam MS250 stopped working. It power off and stucks. I press "power", it starts to initialize, I hear humming of all ventilation and after eg 30s it just freezes when there's a huge ARCAM name on the screen. And nothing else happens - it just frezes there.

Could that be some errors in HDD or rather in electronics?

Do you know who could service MS250? Any tips?

I have a bunch of sercice parts - almost whole second MS250. Just do not know where to start...

ARCAM is such a "great" company that they are sorry but that one is discontinued and they do not service it anymore (which in itself is a scandal when you sell 3000 GBP expensive music server).

A

Anonymous

This is amazing. I assume ARCAM sold a few hundreds/thousands of these MS250. And there should be experts who know how to set it up or revive properly. WHERE are they?

:quest:

:help:

robfol

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi Adam

I can't promise anything but I will try to help

Please message me with full details and your email address, via the ArcamUK Facebook page

Best Regards,

Robert

A

Anonymous

Dear Robert - as much as it might sound funny - I do not use facebook.

The situation with MS250 is as described... when I turn it on it starts initialization and it literally freezes when a huge ARCAM sign is shown on the front panel, and nothing else happens. It can stack like that half a day. When I press "power/standby" again it turns off. I checked inside - all cooling works well. Noting seems to be damaged.

I wonder if that would be anything to do with HDD. Just the same day when ARCAM "died" a few hours ago my wife noticed that by strange behaviour MS250 input an album labelled "Album 13" across the whole library - I think it added this "album 13" to all artists and under this "album 13" you could find 1-3 songs (God knows where from - I did not had time to go with full investigation). I started to remove these "albums 13" artist by artist but that was too much to handle (and I did not had a back-up of my library as I was about to finish uploading my CDs in a next several days - I uploaded approx 250 CDs at that moment). Instead of removing I re-scanned HDD but in that moment 99% of my library got lost. I rescaned again. Nothing changed. Anyway - after 2nd or 3rd attempt MS250 stopped to respond nor work properly as described above.

So - please advice. HDD? If I replaced HDD - how do I set up the system to work? :?

A

Anonymous

Robert - I have forgotten to add that I am thankful for your feedback here! :cheers:

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
robfol said:
Hi Adam

I can't promise anything but I will try to help

Please message me with full details and your email address, via the ArcamUK Facebook page

Best Regards,

Robert

When are Arcam going to realise that we do not all have Facebook accounts ?

I feel your pain.

I cannot help but I do not expect you will get any more joy from this guy anymore on here. He was around for an open Arcam forum feedback but I expect he has long gone since then.

Perhaps the WHF team can help in tracking him down ?

Have you tried phoning them direct and getting hold of this chap ?

A

Anonymous

>) I - to be honest - am simply and deeply shocked. Stilll. It's actually hard to believe that ARCAM, one of major hifi brands, can treat customers in a such way. Build a product. Sell it for quite a price (3000GBP). Then stop production and cease customer service for that unit. "we're sorry but..." This is simply unbelievable - as we were talking about a small Chinese workshop. Well, I think small chineese companies would probably do better here :wall: .

I do understand that Arcam built MS250 with a substantial input and know-how from external supplier. But - so what? Arcam put it's brand on the MS250 and should think of consequences and customers. Stopping customer service - simply shown that they do not care about people who spend so much money for their product. I personaly will never buy anything branded ARCAM again. :shame:

The only thing I care for now is to get some more/less professional support and try to revive MS250 before I would need to put that into trash bag :wall:

A

Anonymous

help still needed :help: :help: :help:

is ARCAM planet alive? I thought that by this moment they would maybe even noticed and offerred any help...:cry: :cry: :cry:

TRENDING THREADS