Hi there.

I need some advice from your experience regarding preamp for my desktop setup. I have System Audio SA705 and Epos K5 speakers which I will choose between once I get the amp and audition both. I have an Arcam FMJ P35 power amp, with the original plan to get a low powered Arcam integrated to use a pre. I bought an Arcam A65 off a popular auction site, but it arrived damaged and I'm trying to return it, wondering if I could do better with the funds.

I will be using power only from the P35, so basically does it make sense to use an A65 as a preamp or should I just go for a dedicated preamp? I don't see much cheap Arcam options here, do other brands have good synergy? My source is an HRT MS II+.

Thanks for your help

there is no dilema my friend the p35 needs a quality pre amp section and i'd try and keep it if i was you and save the extra funds for the better a85...ok the a38 is overkill and would be better bought as a standalone unit but it's a good bit more expensive than a a85 second hand (around £300)and that's where the bang for your buck is imho.Anything less and you'll be selling the p35 short and probably won't get the best from it.Or as youy say sell the p35 and get a good inegrated.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts