Help needed: Amp/Speakers combo under 500GBP

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Originally, I was looking for a complete system for 500GBP, but I have decided instead to purchase an amplifier and loudspeakers only within this budget, allowing for a better quality system, and to purchase a CD player later. Does anybody have any suggestions/thoughts? What about B&W 601 S3s with a Cambridge Audio 540/640A v2 or Rotel RA-04 or NAD C320BEE?

Thanks for any advice!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Personally I'd go for an RA-04 with Tannoy Mercury F1 Custom speakers, but I'd certainly wait and see how the new B&W 600s pan out before settling for the 601S3s. The new equivalent is the 686, at around £279/pr.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. I'm not too keen on the Tannoys, but will certainly wait to see the 685s from B&W.

Please, if anybody has other suggestions, these would be most welcome!

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
I'd agree with Andrew on the Rotel RA-04. As for speakers, if you're not keen on the Tannoys, you could also consider the Cambridge Audio S30s at £120, or if you want to up the budget a bit, try the Monitor Audio Bronze BR2s at £200.

A

Anonymous

well i hav actually own both amps u mention and found to be both very similar in performance but i think the rotel won by a whisker....

A

Anonymous

Hi

More as a matter of interest than anything else, which sub-300GBP integrated would you recommend for use with B&W DM601 S3s?

Thanks
zimble01

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts