Help Me Decide

Diablo_a

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Recently I've decided to change my sound system , I'm looking for a device which satisfy me with Movies, Parties, and Music ! don't know if there is a device which can fulfil all of this needs at once.
I want to connect the system to a Blu-Ray player which I'm going to buy later. most of my music are MP3 and the highest quality of them are 320k.

but as for my budget i ended up deciding between these two :

1. Logitech z906
which I read has a good bass and can fulfill the first two needs, but I didn't understand why this is not good for listening to music ! but this system has no Amp , the thing that looks like amp can just adjust the volume level of speaker individually .

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/speaker-system-z906

2. Yamaha YHT-1810

This is not as poweful as the Logitech , but has a good Amp ! and I don't know if it is good for any of the purposes I've said !

http://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/hometheater-systems/home-theater-package/yht-1810_g/?mode=model

keep in mind that I live in a country which don't have access to onkyo , or all of denon's models in this range.

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi and welcome to the forum Diablo. :)

The Logitec does have an amplifier. It's built in to the subwoofer (5 separate amplifiers in fact totaling 500 watts of power).

I haven't heard this exact system but I did used to own the Logitec Z5500 speakers that this system replaces. It's actually remarkably good all round system for the price. Don't expect the last word in high quality for music but it's more than good enough for most people. What it does really well is go LOUD and is happy to go loud with lots of bass too.

For a £300 surround sound system it's very hard to beat.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
eiqv3.jpg

Diablo_a

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks very much for the advice,

by not having an amp I meant that there is only an option to control the volume of speakers together or individually which I mentioned in my post. and you do not have control over Bass or Treble.

Regards :)

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
The Logitech Z906 does have a master volume control and I'm pretty certain it will have controls to adjust each speaker individually too. A bit of Googling should confirm this or you could always phone a shop that stocks it and ask them to be sure.

Even if it doesn't (pretty sure it does though) you should be able to control the volume of each speaker individually using the settings in the sound driver software on your computer. The sound driver software will probably also have lots of other settings to change things like the bass/treble and speaker distance/timing too.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Diablo_a said:
Thanks very much for the advice,

by not having an amp I meant that there is only an option to control the volume of speakers together or individually which I mentioned in my post. and you do not have control over Bass or Treble.

Regards :)

Well amps change the volume, some amps have treble and bass controls but often not that effective. If you are using a computer soundcard that probably has far more control over such things plus a load of others, even my Asus soundcard which is not expensive has so many. I can cut bass at any freq. I can boost bass, I can use graphic equaliser, change speaker size, all sorts of headphone settings.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts