Help me choose an av amp for monitor audio RX series

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

im about to build my first proper av system. i currenly have a pair of RX2's but i am about to buy the RX centre and some rears to match. The big question is how much should i spend on an amp. Im leaning towards Yamaha AV amps as they go well with monitor audio. Would something like a RXV667 or RXV767 be able to run the RX range properly or shall i be looking at something more expensive??

Any help is much appreciated

A

Anonymous

The minimum I would look at to run the RX speakers you have / intend to add is the RXV1067, and if budget allows maybe even the RXV2067 if you can stretch.

chris hollands

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Yamaha amps are a good match for the RX range , not sure on your budget but a good starting point would be the RXV 1067 .

I have the Denon 2311 and feel that the speakers would justify a much better receiver already and i have only had it 3 months.

A

Anonymous

my budget is really around the £650 range and no more. Was hoping i could away with a 667 but i just think it would be a complete waste of the speakers :( Interested to hear other peoples opinions

A

Anonymous

If you are intending using the pre-outs on the AVR and using the AS500 to power the RX2s then either the 767/1067 would be a good option, as the unused power for the fronts would then be available for the remaining speakers, but I still would stick with these as a minimum.

A

Anonymous

The yamaha 1067 is a good bet if you need networking and can be had for around £620 very good amp and looks stunning, or try the denon 2311 the prices on these have come right down and can be had for £450 which is superb value for money (your basicly getting the 2311 at 1911 prices), i bought one on saturday for £449 from RS and its excellent.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts