Help identifying headphone plug

enthusiast_cityzen

Jul 23, 2021
Visit site
Hello. I have an old nzc 160 turntable. It’s a very modest model and it was used in the 80s to listen to children stories. It has a sentimental value to me and I just take it back from repair shop.
It has two line in 5 pin DiN in the back and this headphone plug in the front.
My issue is that I cannot find a converter plug for this type of headphone. It’s not a 5 DiN pin, because those pins are placed radial. This looks like being placed in the corner of an imaginary square. I spent quite a while trying to find this kind of plug on internet. Was it obsolete? It’s not used anymore?

Thank you!

Attachments

• headphone_plug - ncz160.jpg
    headphone_plug - ncz160.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 20

Gray

...It’s not a 5 DiN pin
It is.
It's known as a 'cube' type.
Plugs are available, finding a ready-made adaptor might not be so easy.
But it would be an easy enough job for someone to make one using a plug and headphone jack socket.
(Alternatively, a plug could be fitted directly on any headphones used only for the turntable).

If I owned the turntable (and used headphones enough), I would convert its socket to a 6.35mm standard headphone socket. (If you could get it to South-East Essex, I'd do it for you).

Last edited:

enthusiast_cityzen

Jul 23, 2021
Visit site
I spent two hours yesterday trying to find an RCA (or Jack) to Din 5 pin. I could not find the cube version, only the semi-circle one. Being so hard to find a 5 pin Din to RCA, I'm thinking to ask the repair shop to replace this plug with a more actual one.
I didn't think to look for the Din family connectors. Now that you mention it it seems so easy to know exactly what kind of connector it is!
Thank you for your amiability Gray, but I'm about 4k km away from UK. All the info about the connector and possible solutions are more then enough and welcome to know how to deal with my issue.
Thank you very much guys and in return I recommend you to listen to Dead Can Dance. They have very nice music and the images from Baraka movie accompanied by the Host of Seraphim are unforgettable for me.
I wish you a nice weekend.

Reactions: Gray

enthusiast_cityzen

Jul 23, 2021
Visit site
I opened the turntable (and man, the electronic parts look really really old) and I will solder 3 wire cable to the Din 5 pin plug and I'll connect them to a female jack.

Attachments

• 20211009_221041.jpg
    20211009_221041.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: Gray

VanessaHuff

Oct 10, 2021
Visit site
The 3.5mm (1/8″) Plug & Jack

3.5mm headphone jacks are found in portable audio players, laptops, smartphones, tablets, field recorders, mixing consoles, and many other audio devices. Headphones typically use TRS 3-pole 3.5mm connectors, while headphones with a microphone will utilize TRRS 4-pole 3.5mm connectors.

Gray

The 3.5mm (1/8″) Plug & Jack

3.5mm headphone jacks are found in portable audio players, laptops, smartphones, tablets, field recorders, mixing consoles, and many other audio devices. Headphones typically use TRS 3-pole 3.5mm connectors, while headphones with a microphone will utilize TRRS 4-pole 3.5mm connectors.
That's all true Vanessa and yes, the OP has a TRS 3-pole plug on his headphones.
But he's got a DIN socket on his player.

Reactions: Tinman1952

NeddaCormack

Feb 20, 2022
Visit site
The 'natural' copper looking ones are ground. Red is usually Right. Left is usually blue or green. If you have the middle pin at the bottom and the plug facing away from you, the right pin is right, the middle pin is ground. if you want to ask anything you can ask me

LINK REMOVED BY MODS.

Last edited by a moderator:

NeddaCormack

Feb 20, 2022
Visit site
The Information you shared above is great. I have been reading all you shared here. In this you explained everything very well. If i want any further guideline we will contact you here.

fazeelnawaz57

Jun 28, 2022
Visit site
Hi,

I have two questions about this forum:

Please guide me. I am very confused about that.

EDITED by Mods. Informed of reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts