HELP..! Guidance Needed For Complete Setup

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Here's hoping to get some help and guidance.
emotion-15.gif

It's time to replace my whole setup.
My current setup is as follows:

Panasonic 32" Quintrix CRT TV
Yamaha RX-V795RDS A/V Receiver
Bowers & Wilkins DM602 front and CC6 center speakers
Bose Lifestyle rear speakers.
Philips DVD (Real cheapy)

I have a budget of about £2000 although may be able to stretch to £2500 (might need to convince other half it's a good idea..! LOL)

I do like my Yamaha very much and enjoy the "warm" sound it delivers. I would like to replace the speakers for a much more small room friendly set up.

In an ideal world my wish list would be as follows:
Panasonic TX-37LZD800
Panasonic DMP-BD50 Blu Ray player
B&W MT-30 Speaker package or have been told the Arcam Muso/Logo is good. What about the KEF KHT3005SE?
Oh and would love to replace the amp for a more modern one.

So, as you can see my wish list kinda doesn't really match my budget..!

I'm open to any suggestionsanyone may have to help us "me" on our way.

In short, we like watching movies, however do tend to watch quite a bit TV beit Sky TV, we will go to Sky HD once we've sorted new setup though.
Listen to music on the odd occasion but not very loud, although I have enjoyed the sound the B&W's have been able to deliver.

Thanks to all in advance who may read this and offer some help and advise for us.

Mathew & Angela

A

Anonymous

I like your ideal world, however you know you can't afford said set up.

What do you intend to keep from your current set up?ÿ

A

Anonymous

I guess the best thing to keep would be the Yamaha amp.

A

Anonymous

I don't think so. I would definitely upgrade the TV, maybe get Sky HD.

Get a good HD sound capable receiver.

Your B&W's will do fine.ÿ

A

Anonymous

My current B&W's are great but ther are just to big for our lounge now.

Any suggestions for a satellite speaker set up that would give us the same sound as the 602's?

A

Anonymous

I wish there were a satellite speaker that gave the same sound as 'insert name of any decent mid sized speaker'....!
emotion-42.gif

I would be first in the queue...!

A

Anonymous

We've been told that the B&W MT-30 or Arcam Muso/Logo are good as well as KEF KHT3005SE

However they all are way up there on price.

A

Anonymous

Give them a whirl...probably get a decent sound out of the Arcam's, although I haven't heard. I have the MT30's as you can see from my signature, and I can't say I'm blown away with them, especially with music...However, only you can judge, and in your own individual setting...They may work wonders. And yes, price....It will often get pointed out 'If you were to spend a similar amount on 'traditional' boxes, you will stand to get a 'better' quality sound...'....There are +'s and -'s each way, but there's no doubt you are paying a high % for style and size...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts