HELP FROM CLARE OR ANDY PLEASE?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
As I mentioned on a different post,I`ve found a firmware update for my Sharp BD-HP20 blu-ray player,but it`s for the US version found on the Sharp US site.Should I install this to my UK player?Please help,Sharp can`t give me a straight answer.Thanks folks.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
It depends what the update is designed to do, but I would say the results would be unpredictable at best. You might just find you have a player only able to play US discs if there are US-specific elements in the firmware.

I'd hold fire until there's a European-approved version of the firmware, or you'll probably find Sharp here less than interested if you mess up your player with the US update.

A

Anonymous

Sound advice Andy,never thought of that,thanks very much.

A

Anonymous

hi is this the firmware you are looking at ,unless you had some issues with below playabilty i would not install it wait and see if a firmware becomes available on uk site.if you have any of issues below you should contact sharp uk.

BD-HP20U Firmware Version HU8022000

Firmware update file and installation instructions.
This Firmware Update improves playability of BD titles with Dolby© TrueHD Audio, BD+ discs, as well as improves consistency of playback speed (removing stuttering or skipping).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts