Help! distorted sound from Marantz SR4400 using Pioneer BDP450....

Danhorse

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I bought the Pioneer BDP450 because i needed universal playback and it has a digital coaxial audio output for my old SR4400 which does not have HDMI. I did NOT want to spend out for another AV amp just to cater for audio from a BD player.

Everything was peachy the first week, all set up right outputting to the amp.

Past few weeks the sound has gone distorted... through headphones too. :cry: No issues with the amp playing from my PS3 via optical, or through RCA from my CD player etc. Only from the Pionneer via coaxial digital.

I have checked and rechecked settings and connections, I changed nothing when it suddenly went distorted.

Any ideas guys? I really do not have the money to get another amp - and knowing my luck it might still happen. (PS, if i did get another amp,i could not use the 2nd HDMI output on the pioneer as that is feeding the LED TV, the 1st HDMI is feeding my projector, so would have to use the coaxial).

Thanks in advance for any help.

abacus

Go through all your settings on the Pioneer and make sure it is not outputting data that your AV receiver does not understand.

If available try a different coaxial input.

Try a reset of the Pioneer

Try a different lead in case it’s become faulty

If still problems, take it back to the shop so that they can check it with other receivers. (It may have become faulty)

A new receiver will have HDMI inputs and outputs so you will not need to use the coaxial output, plus it will also give you the best sound from Blu-Ray movies.

Hope this helps

Bill

Danhorse

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
abacus said:
Go through all your settings on the Pioneer and make sure it is not outputting data that your AV receiver does not understand.

If available try a different coaxial input.

Try a reset of the Pioneer

Try a different lead in case it’s become faulty

If still problems, take it back to the shop so that they can check it with other receivers. (It may have become faulty)

A new receiver will have HDMI inputs and outputs so you will not need to use the coaxial output, plus it will also give you the best sound from Blu-Ray movies.

Hope this helps

Bill

Bill,

Thanks - I will try those.

Edit: Cable ok, reset done, no difference. Settings ok. Maybe the coax ouptut on the Pioneer has gone bad...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts