Help choosing a bluetooth speaker?

davidh12

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Im looking for a good bluetooth speaker for a bedroom. Have around £200 to spend (flexible). Ive been looking at the samsung da-e650 as its around my price point and I have a samsung galaxy phone which it provides a dock for, however theres not that many reviews around for it. Theres so much choice online I feel like Ive been going around in circles for weeks now.

Can anyone help? Im open to any brand.

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
You can get a Conran Bluetooth audio dock and speaker for £60. This device used to retail for over £200 and is equipped with iPod dock, and apt-x Bluetooth which delivers a better quality of Bluetooth audio if your phone/tablet supports it.

motley

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
In a similar position, have heard the soundlink which was very good, but not very future proof without ATP-x, would like to compair to the Sony BTX300/500, Damson Oyster, Denon Cocoon, Jongo and even a JBL Flip. :wall:

motley

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
Regarding the review of the Jongo in this months magazine, I'm not sure it was made entirely clear that streaming music over wifi was only possible with music stored on the iDevice or through the Pure App and not say from a NAS with you entire iTunes library on it.

But can it stream music via an iPhone from a NAS via say DS Audio? which would get round this issue.

mikkybrown

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I have been having a similar issue, but my budget is much smaller. The speakers that I have had in the past have always had a bit of a tinny or empty sound, or crackle a lot. A month ago I found this really good website, www.bitmore.co.uk.

They had some cool looking speakers and a good returns policy so I thought I would give it a go. When the speaker came I was so shocked. It was really small, but quite heavy for its size, and the sound that came out of it was INCREDIBLE. It had such a good bass sound, that even my wife came into the room, thinking I had bought some heacy duty speakers. It is portable as well and also works as a speaker phone for your phone which is even better!

My budget was about £70 so I was really shocked that I managed to get this great speaker for £39.99. It really is worth the money and produces a great sound!

I would recommend it a 100% :)

mikkybrown

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I forgot to post the link!

http://www.bitmore.co.uk/collections/super-bass-portable-speaker-by-e-storm/products/e-storm-super-bass-bluetooth-portable-speaker

A

Anonymous

[UNPUBLISHED - spamming]

I totally agree with "mikkybrown".....Even I recently bought the e-storm portable speaker from Bitmore. Both e-Storm and e-Wave range are really cool. The e-wave has got an additional output where you can connect it to another speaker and enjoy the stereo effect (left & right). Anyways...totally recommend it.

Archie

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

if you want to find everything in just one speaker, check the Jabra SoleMate Max. http://www.jabra.com/Products/Speakers/Jabra_SOLEMATE_Max/Jabra_SOLEMATE_Max it has great sound, portability, wireless connection and more.

gamblort

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
For something a bit alternative you should check out the JukeCase by Son Valise. A portable Bluetooth suitcase speaker with up to 40 hours playtime and awesome sound quality, including deep bass. They look awesome too!

https://jukecase.com

Acclaim-mag-JukeCase-suitcase-speaker-melbourne.png

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Check out these
http://www.amazon.co.uk/ARCTIC-S111-BT-Black-Bluetooth/dp/B00KS3XCTU/ref=cm_cr-mr-title Great little piece of kit. Can be set up with either a cable or Bluetooth connection, the cable connection is extremely simple, simply plug in and go. For the Bluetooth connection however its a little tricky if you've never used Bluetooth before, like me, but it is still a straight forward set up and can be used at a distance. The battery life is good as well, more then I needed really it is more or less 12 hours as stated though.The sound quality is great, its multi use so you can listen to music, movies and Youtube vids on them and the quality doesn't falter either, over cable or Bluetooth. To be honest the only nit-pick I had about this was that the case was a little snug for the speakers but all that can be solved with just moving things around.

utomo

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
why it is very difficult to find portable bluetooth speaker with built in mp3 player ?

so we can attach USB and play locally, so we can save the mobile phone battery.

(but still can use bluetooth when needed

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts