HELP BLU-RAY NOVICE

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
HI Guys

Need your help im big hi-fi nut have been on hi-fi forum for years never on AV...

I know little about Bluray players or home cinema not my interest really... BUT i need to Buy my 1st Blu-ray player my old DVD player has given up.

I have a budget of around £250 and want to get the best player i can

ANY Sugestions

D

Deleted member 2457

robg1976 said:
HI Guys

Need your help im big hi-fi nut have been on hi-fi forum for years never on AV...

I know little about Bluray players or home cinema not my interest really... BUT i need to Buy my 1st Blu-ray player my old DVD player has given up.

I have a budget of around £250 and want to get the best player i can

ANY Sugestions

This Denon would be top of my list:

http://www.petertyson.co.uk/ebuttonz/ebz_product_pages/denon_dbt-1713ud.shtml?googlecpc&gclid=CITwuu30l74CFfShtAodVycAEg

T

theflyingwasp

bigboss said:
What's the rest of your system like? You said you have no interest in home cinema. To be honest, even a budget blu ray player from Panasonic or Sony or Pioneer around £100 mark will be sufficient.

+1

or just grab a cheapy DVD player in argos .if you have no interest in home cinema there is no point in buying a Blu ray player..

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
theflyingwasp said:
bigboss said:
What's the rest of your system like? You said you have no interest in home cinema. To be honest, even a budget blu ray player from Panasonic or Sony or Pioneer around £100 mark will be sufficient.

+1

or just grab a cheapy DVD player in argos .if you have no interest in home cinema there is no point in buying a Blu ray player..

+2

Series1boy said:
theflyingwasp said:
bigboss said:

+1

+2

Don't see the point really. You can pick up a blu ray player from Richer Sounds clearance section for £20.

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
bigboss said:
Series1boy said:
theflyingwasp said:
bigboss said:

+1

+2

Don't see the point really. You can pick up a blu ray player from Richer Sounds clearance section for £20.

Although you have no interest in Home Cinema as such, presumably the sound quality may be of interest if you're playing Blurays through your hifi (particularly if you purchase any Bluray Audios). As such, my recommendation would be the Panasonic DMP-BDT310 currently on Richers Clearance for an eye-watering £49.95!!

The sound in excellent.

And it's eye-watering because it's not what I paid for mine!!!!

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Personally if you don't set up your TV you won't really see how good the Blu-Ray picture is. Different players manifest issues depending on what TV they are on and how the picture is set up, I know because it used to be part of my job. Once I persuaded the company to let me set the TV pictures up we could better identifiy what happend with the sources from what player.

You don't need a full ISF callibration or even a THX one even though your TV would benifit greatly from doing this just a simple adjustment of the Brightness, contrast and colour with a set up disc will show you much better how good the picture is from the BD player you choose.

Unfortunately most people don't bother doing this simple picture set up and don't realise how poor the picture is they are looking at just because it's HD.

After saying all that. If you have set up your TV picturfor DVD then you'll want to do it again for BD. A Pixar film should have a set up section in with the Audio and Subtitle setup page. Or Any film that has a THX one. The only thing you can't do is the colour unless you have the THX blue filter glasses.

I better stop before I write another novel on here lol.

Selby

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
Take a look at the Panasonic BDT460EB. Connects to Wifi very easily, good load up times. easy to configure (one HDMI and optical out) and plays a raft of media via USB/SD card options. Looks nice too. A snip under £200. I recommend it!

wolf7howl

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Just caught this thread. As a hifi fan, you may already have SACD discs. You can enjoy these on a bluray that I suspect will be more efficient at getting to all the information on the disc than youe DVD. One with internet connectivity will open up the world of online sources. My Sony BPD-S6200 does this pretty well. I'm sure there are other players that do this, but I suggest that you consider these functions before you buy.

wolf7howl

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Just caught this thread. As a hifi fan, you may already have SACD discs. You can enjoy these on a bluray that I suspect will be more efficient at getting to all the information on the disc than your DVD. One with internet connectivity will open up the world of online sources. My Sony BPD-S6200 does this pretty well. I'm sure there are other players that do this, but I suggest that you consider these functions before you buy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts