Hello can anyone help me on how to prevent Image retention on the SAMSUNG PS50B530S.

jk1988

Oct 3, 2008
Visit site
Hello can anyone help me on how to prevent Image retention on the SAMSUNG PS50B530S. I am using an Onkyo 606 amp, Sony bdp350 blu ray player and a standard virgin samsung box with a basic scart but I am using decent Monster Hdmi cables for the blu ray. Any advice would be greatful

P.s first time using Plasma as my old t.v was an LCD

jk1988

D

Deleted member 2457

Don't pause for the cause while watching a film.

jk1988

Oct 3, 2008
Visit site
It's nothing major just that the virgin media logo stayed on when I turned the t.v off but after turning the t.v on again and putting bbc on it went away. I am worried that when I am watching blu rays with the dreaded black bars and sport on sky sports a lot that it will do something to it.

jk1988

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, I think you're confusing temporary image retention, which is usual and harmless, with the old problem of screen burn.

Most TVs have a screen 'orbiter', which moves the picture a pixel or so every now and then to avoid constant illumination of one pixel, or some similar strategy to avoid any problems.

But seeing a logo for a while after a night's viewing on a single channel is perfectly normal, and it will fade as soon as you watch something else.

Enjoy...

A

Anonymous

Andrew.......

What on earth are you doing answering questions at 7.30 am on New Years Day?

A

Anonymous

SORRY.

Having just read another thread I see you are in Japan at the moment. That expalins it.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Very Annoyed:Andrew.......

He's doing sterling work, as ever.

And it's also not 7:30am in Japan...

A

Anonymous

the_lhc:Very Annoyed:Andrew.......

He's doing sterling work, as ever.

And it's also not 7:30am in Japan...

maybe hes after a promotion
emotion-4.gif

Why will the company give promotion to its employees for spending so many hours on the forum which is less productive for the company as compared to writing up a few more articles for the magazine??

I don't think the WHF Team benefits much by dedicating their busy time on this forum, including holidays & the time when they should've been in bed!! The company certainly won't pay them for this overtime work. We're lucky to get expert advice so easily.

Yes, what the company has gained is immense goodwill & trust amongst the forum members.

Keep up the good work, WHF Team!
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

bigboss:
Why will the company give promotion to its employees for spending so many hours on the forum which is less productive for the company as compared to writing up a few more articles for the magazine??

I don't think the WHF Team benefits much by dedicating their busy time on this forum, including holidays & the time when they should've been in bed!! The company certainly won't pay them for this overtime work. We're lucky to get expert advice so easily.

Yes, what the company has gained is immense goodwill & trust amongst the forum members.

Keep up the good work, WHF Team!
emotion-21.gif

did you not see the toungue protruding from the cheek ???

i agree its a great forum , to be able to communicate with the whfi guys on here is both entertaining and obviously very informative ..

and quite addictive
emotion-16.gif

TRENDING THREADS