Heed Obelisk Si Mk2

T1mb0

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello All. Has anyone had any experiences with this amplifier partnered with PMC Twenty series speakers at all? I've read a few reviews that suggest that this might be quite a good little amp and with potentially good synergies to be had with PMCs. Just curious at this stage as looking at some changes to my system.

Would be particularly interested to hear if listeners felt it tamed the PMC's slightly 'bright / clinical' sound.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

T1mb0 said:

Not to sure what 'bump' means but I take it from the lack of response that nobody on the forum runs this particular combo, which may tell you something.

Should you go ahead with the Heed please let us know your thoughs.

One would also beg to question, if you think the PMC's have a 'bright / clinical sound', why you use them?

T1mb0

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Al ears said:
T1mb0 said:

Not to sure what 'bump' means but I take it from the lack of response that nobody on the forum runs this particular combo, which may tell you something.

Should you go ahead with the Heed please let us know your thoughs.

One would also beg to question, if you think the PMC's have a 'bright / clinical sound', why you use them?

'Bump' is commonly used on forums as an expression for moving the thread back into view on the first page.

Yes it would seem not many people on here have or have heard this combination. Although I have come across a couple of threads on other forums where the combination has been described positively. I was looking for some more opinons really, especially being the Obelisk has a fairly low output (35w pc ) and the PMCs tend to enjoy some power.

I use the PMCs as that is what I bought a year or so ago and enjoyed them at the demo sessions. Having lived with them for a year I'm now looking for a more natural sounding speaker. This is also tieing in with a house move where I would like to shrink the hifi footprint if possible.

The two options I'm considering are keeping the PMCs with a different amplifier setup, most probably integrated. Alternatively, Harbeth P3ESR speakers with something from Rega or Croft. I've been out demoing both with the P3s today which has been enjoyable although not necessarily conclusive.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts